Hopper 3 doesn’t work over component cables?

Bishop83

Original poster
Jan 29, 2020
Miami
Hi. I currently have the Hopper with Sling and today I was getting an upgrade to the Hopper 3 because the Hopper 2 is really sow.

My main TV doesn’t have HDMI connectectos, only Component connections for 1080i. My 4K TV is in my bedroom and I was only going to upgrade to Joey 3.

The technician came today and brought the Hopper 3. He installed the Hopper 3 with the component cables and for some reason, it stayed as it didn’t have an image. Thinking the Hopper 3 may have been bad, he brought up another Hopper 3 and installed the component cables. A Hopper 3 image came up for a few seconds and then it went back into the default blue screen of my TV. Switching the component cables to the Hopper with Sling and the image came on right away, but back to the Hopper 3 and nothing.

He had to leave as there was nothing else to do, I’m just wondering what the issue may have been. Maybe some copyright protetion issue and it no longer works through Component Cables?

Thanks!

Thank you for that info! I should have thought about a trying it through the composite cables to rule everything out. Great feedback.

I have to see if I can call Dish and they are willing to send the Hopper 3 again. Thank you and to know that you have it working through the component cables.

probably because if you just got the hopper 3 it should of came with the hopper snap preinstalled because the hopper snap when it is connected to the upper top USB port it is supposed to speed up processing power between both your hopper 3 and your joeys too depending on what joey that the installer set up for you.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
probably because if you just got the hopper 3 it should of came with the hopper snap preinstalled because the hopper snap when it is connected to the upper top USB port it is supposed to speed up processing power between both your hopper 3 and your joeys too depending on what joey that the installer set up for you.
Hopper snap does NOT go with or work on a Hopper 3 and that would have nothing to do with the video output anyway

I use them every day. Make sure you have the colors in the right place. I know for me it can be hard to distinguish between the colors without some extra lighting. Probably not the case but just trying to give you an option to check. : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts