Hopper 3 DVR receiver is not getting enough bandwidth

The only way I know of is in the Diagnostics menu, select Status, Send Status, then Test Connections.
That's where it shows me at 50 MB/s

My Setup is (1 GB/s)Modem in Master Bedroom -> Linksys Velop Router -> Velop Router (35' away) -> Ethernet to Modem. I should test that Ethernet with my Laptop when I get back home

Also the 1st Velop has Ethernet to my Officer to a Dlink 1 GB/s Router - > Ethernet to Computer; D/L @960 MB/s

Reactions: charlesrshell
That's where it shows me at 50 MB/s

My Setup is (1 GB/s)Modem in Master Bedroom -> Linksys Velop Router -> Velop Router (35' away) -> Ethernet to Modem. I should test that Ethernet with my Laptop when I get back home

Also the 1st Velop has Ethernet to my Officer to a Dlink 1 GB/s Router - > Ethernet to Computer; D/L @960 MB/s
When I do a speed test on my laptop I get 943 Mbps. But my Hopper 3 only reads 206 Mbps when I do the Test Connection test. Just the way it is I guess.

Reactions: HipKat
Been doing it since day one of the Hoppers as far as I know. Are you still getting only HD when you play a 4K program thru your Hopper Netflix app?
yes and i am doing about 30mpbs with 2 upload it is either the software that we got last month or its the netflix app

Reactions: pattykay
yes and i am doing about 30mpbs with 2 upload it is either the software that we got last month or its the netflix app
What is your network speed when you do a speed test thru you computer? What is your Hopper speed thru the Hopper Diagnostic Test Connection test? What is your Hopper Netflix app speed thru the Netflix settings Network test?

When you do a network test with the Netflix app, are you seeing green check marks for Netflix server 1, server 2, server 3, and internet connection? I have noticed that Netflix 4K content plays fine whenever I have the 4 green check marks. Yet the displayed connection speed is only 18.24 Mbps. The Hopper3 tested speed matches my Spectrum speed and is 110 Mbps.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: bluegras

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)