Hopper 3 ehd question

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
I have hopper with sling. Account is on Pause until move into new house on May 23rd. If, when I call to get installation and un pause , I upgrade to hopper 3 will I be able to just plug my ehd in to new hopper 3 and all my recording on the ehd will be there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I like to hear. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you connect an EHD does it become primary storage or do you select the programs to transfer to it?
It does not become primary storage. It is only used to transfer recordings from the receiver to the EHD. You can then watch the transferred programs directly from the EHD, or you can transfer them back to your receiver (some have had problems with that).

I use it to store programs that I might want to watch again, want to save, or to free up space on the internal drive (that doesn't happen too often with the newer receivers).

Once you connect an EHD does it become primary storage or do you select the programs to transfer to it?

Also, a Hopper with the old UI can supports up to 2 EHD's at the same time and the H3 and H2's with the new UI supports up to 3 EHD's at the same time.

I have a 1TB Western Digital drive. My Hopper 3 is the third model Hopper that has supported this drive successfully. I was rolling programming back to the H3 within minutes of the installer leaving my home. Having this drive really has made upgrading to a new receiver a snap. The only downside is the slow USB 2.0 transfer speed of this drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts