Hopper 3 Favorites list

So, just retested. Last night I'd done the swap to None then back to faves, and it fixed the navigation issue for the evening.

This morning I just hit the guide button. And sure enough, problem is back. More details, when I hit the Guide button with my Faves on, I can move the cursor on the guide up and down within the current page using the channel up and down buttons but it will not move to another page - it stops at the top or bottom channel. It will scroll to the right as far as I want. But I can't leave the page of channels on screen, either up or down.

As soon as I hit the page up or down button, the red highlight box disappears from the guide and so I can't even use the channel up or down button. If I leave the guide and come back, the red highlight box is back and I can use channel up or down again within the page but can't move out. As soon as I switch to None for the guide then back to my Faves it all works properly.

Ah - here's another piece of data. If I switch the guide to Large Text - everything works fine. When I switch the Large Text off, it's broken again.

EDIT: ran another experiment and tried with the 50 remote - same problem. So not the remote.

I want to thank docdaddy for continuing to post his experiences with this issue. I had been experimenting myself this morning and was thinking that the issue happened when a tuner I wasn't watching started to record. I also realized I had not actually turned on parental control correctly and was actually able to lock out all the channels I didn't want to see in "none" on the favorites list. I thought I was good to go but then the problem came back worse than before. Suddenly I was unable to use the guide at all. It was stuck on the first page and now matter what I did I could not move pit at all. Did a hard reset and guide was still locked up. Then I saw docdaddy's post and change it to large text and now so far I am able to use the guide again. In answer to the question about number of favorite lists, I only have one.

An update on this thread. DIRT arranged for a new Hopper 3 to be sent to me. I received it and I have the same issue with the favorites list on this one too. The old unit seemed to have a few other issues and I am glad that it is gone but I really hoped the favorites list issue would go with it. I cant believe there is only one other person reporting this problem but so far that is all I am aware of. Will someone who says they are not having issues with the guide after setting up a favorites list please tell me if they are using the "Larger" text setting for your guide? I am trying use the smaller text setting so I can see more of the guide. Docdaddy reported earlier that if the large text for the guide was selected it would work. It seemed to on my old unit but haven't resorted to that yet on the new one. I really will be disappointed if I have to run the guide that way. I would love to hear if anyone is using the smaller text guide and not having trouble.

Zero issues with the guide, Zero issues with favorites, using small text. Question, did you transfer settings using your remote to the new Hopper3? Maybe there is a corrupted file still living in your equipment. They are computers, after all.

No I did not transfer settings using my remote for the reason you said. I not understanding what the cause of this is. Since I have had it on two units and it is such a rare deal there must be something I am doing in my setup that it doesn't like.

An update on this thread. DIRT arranged for a new Hopper 3 to be sent to me. I received it and I have the same issue with the favorites list on this one too. The old unit seemed to have a few other issues and I am glad that it is gone but I really hoped the favorites list issue would go with it. I cant believe there is only one other person reporting this problem but so far that is all I am aware of. Will someone who says they are not having issues with the guide after setting up a favorites list please tell me if they are using the "Larger" text setting for your guide? I am trying use the smaller text setting so I can see more of the guide. Docdaddy reported earlier that if the large text for the guide was selected it would work. It seemed to on my old unit but haven't resorted to that yet on the new one. I really will be disappointed if I have to run the guide that way. I would love to hear if anyone is using the smaller text guide and not having trouble.
Can you post pictures of the steps you are going through?

Or even take a pic of the Guide, and then the screen while Pressing the Red button in the guide.
Like this.
418603df6f9b5f7271b6ee336277439b.jpg

de81965d29c504456f710e29c2520c14.jpg

5ae2227800bbf4926b161cbfba48566d.jpg

4c5643a8d7e1f8ff6f4eca3dd59f1952.jpg

95989c21d1f595c04eece17be235a2c4.jpg

49003aed1c59ab3132f9ba1d1d479d8d.jpg

I have no idea how to post pictures here. All you have to know really is that when this happens I am not using the large text for the guide and when I hit guide on my remote it doesn't matter what channel I may be on at the time the following happens. The guide comes up showing the lowest 8 channels in my favorites list. The cursor will be on the lowest channel which in my case is 003-00. If I try to move the cursor to another page the cursor disappears and I can not do anything in the guide. I can't even enter a channel number manually and get anywhere. The only remedy I have found is to go to settings and change the text size of the guide to the larger text setting and then when I go to the guide it will work. If I change it back to the text size I want it the guide will work for a varying amount of time. Sometimes using the guide works for a while and sometimes it immediately messes up again. I am very familiar with the screens that Troch77 posted above and I set up my one favorites list using the steps he is outlining above. Again I don't know how to post pictures here but have tried to explain in as great a detail as possible what it happening.

Yeah, it's actually a very simple issue (I have it too.) You set up a favorites list, the way everyone does, give it a name (mine is Faves,) and then choose it as your guide list (via "Guide" then selecting "Faves" rather than "None"

Then, once in a while (not always) the up and down arrows and page up and page down simply don't work when looking at the guide. Switching to None and then back to Faves usually fixes it for a while. Also switching to Large Text fixes it.

The hard part of nailing it down is (for me) it doesn't happen all the time. For example, I haven't had the problem for a couple of weeks now.

I have a question for the people who do not have this issue. Do you have your guide channel numbers increasing from top to bottom or increasing bottom to top? I have had dish for somewhere near 20 years and have always had my guide set up to display channel numbers increasing from top to bottom. I am still having an issue with the guide if I have it on the smaller text (the way I like it) and increasing from top to bottom (the way I like it). Thanks to docdaddy it appears that setting the guide to larger text works (not the way I like it) and now after experimenting it seems like when using the smaller text, changing to increasing from bottom to top (not the way I like it) also works After all these years it is not natural or easy for me to scan through my channels set up this way. Perhaps if I had started out that way it would be the only natural way to do it. I would like to know if everyone else have their guides displaying from bottom to top and that is the reason this problem is not very well known? It may just be a bug that only effects a few people like me who do it the way I do. Docdaddy since you also report this issue, how do you have yours set. Since I have had this on two different receivers I am assuming it is something I am doing that is causing this and I would love to figure out what it is that makes me different from most.

I have always had my guide set to show channel 1 first and channel 9000 something last. I have never had this issue on any receiver I have ever had, including the Hopper 3......

Reactions: peggy97850
I can only expect this to happen on my HWSes once CUI descends upon them.

Sigh.

Highest channel on the top of the guide, lowest on bottom. I assume that was the default because I have never set it on ANY Dish receiver. Again, I've never had a Favorites problem on any receiver including Hopper3.

I have a question for the people who do not have this issue. Do you have your guide channel numbers increasing from top to bottom or increasing bottom to top? I have had dish for somewhere near 20 years and have always had my guide set up to display channel numbers increasing from top to bottom. I am still having an issue with the guide if I have it on the smaller text (the way I like it) and increasing from top to bottom (the way I like it). Thanks to docdaddy it appears that setting the guide to larger text works (not the way I like it) and now after experimenting it seems like when using the smaller text, changing to increasing from bottom to top (not the way I like it) also works After all these years it is not natural or easy for me to scan through my channels set up this way. Perhaps if I had started out that way it would be the only natural way to do it. I would like to know if everyone else have their guides displaying from bottom to top and that is the reason this problem is not very well known? It may just be a bug that only effects a few people like me who do it the way I do. Docdaddy since you also report this issue, how do you have yours set. Since I have had this on two different receivers I am assuming it is something I am doing that is causing this and I would love to figure out what it is that makes me different from most.

I always set my guides to start at 1 and go down to 9999. Lower number channels on top.

It seems like docdaddy and myself are doing it different than most. I guess I will try to get used to the high numbers on the top and low numbers on the bottom. It is going to take some time for me to get used to that. Maybe when a new software update comes out it will work either way. I have my doubts though since most people do not have an issue. Thanks for all the responses.

It seems like docdaddy and myself are doing it different than most. I guess I will try to get used to the high numbers on the top and low numbers on the bottom. It is going to take some time for me to get used to that. Maybe when a new software update comes out it will work either way. I have my doubts though since most people do not have an issue. Thanks for all the responses.
I have low numbers on the top and don't have the issue....

Reactions: Troch77
I have low numbers on the top and don't have the issue....
Same here.
Actually I changed all of mine just to see the response of the Wife and Kids, and by the time I got home from work later that day, All the TVs were turn back. Lol.
The didn't like the Higher number at the top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts