Hopper 3 Feature Suggestion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

syphix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Just a couple quick suggestions that would take the H3 from a good DVR to a great DVR:

1) List streamable HD versions of SD channels in the guide. Example: TV Land, Hallmark Drama, a few of the STARZ Encore channels - they’re available to stream in HD on the DISH Anywhere app on Fire TV/ Android TV’s. Why not make them selectable to at least watch live, directly from the guide?

2) On that same thought, list the Locast channels in the guide as streamable channels if a user logs into the Locast app.

3) Make on demand channels easier to access: a push of left while in the guide on a current program highlights the channel logo. Clicking it will bring up that channel’s on demand channel, if available. (This is similar to how DIRECTV does it on their Genie, so I don’t know it that is a protected function)

4) An HBO Max app!

5) Allow transfers of shows/movies directly from one EHD to another EHD. Don’t force transfers to the Hopper internal and then make us transfer AGAIN to the second EHD.

Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring back 4K skip. Puhleeeez!
Be able to name recordings when the Guide shows 'no info available'. (ota channels) Bunch of numbers and letters are confusing if you have too many.

Reactions: tallfence
I like to see a programmable length skip ahead. The current 30 second one works perfectly for recorded football games. I like breezing through a game only watching the actual plays. I'd like to be able to shorten the skip to 10 seconds when watching a recorded baseball game.

Then for regular programming I'd set it on 1 minute to quickly jump through commercials.

1) Allow Dish Anywhere to access recordings on external hard drives.
2) Bring back 4X fast forward. This is very useful for watching baseball or soccer highlights.
3) Allow us to rename manual recordings.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts