Hopper 3 - Guide only goes out 2 days as of tonight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are you guys that are affected with this problem today on the western arc?

We had the same problem on the eastern arc one day last week but it doesn't seem to be a problem here today.
The issue is with Dish Anwhere. The Hoppers are working fine...

I am on the Eastern Arc and had the guide issue last week, but after Matt from the Dirt Team said it should be fixed it was - at least for me on the Hopper. Issue I have now is via the DishAnywhere.com website. Tried it a half dozen times each on two different accounts (each with a Hopper 3, located in different towns with different Internet Providers.) before I decided to give Customer Support a call.

First level transfered me to Tech Support who transfered me to Broadband support after I went through the process of opening a browser, logging in to Dishanywhere.com and clicking on DVR, Guide, Schedule, and Timers. The guide only goes out until Tuesday. The DVR correctly displays the shows that I have recorded. The Timer and Schedule tabs both showed no data available.

The Broadband support (senior person he told me) had never heard about the Eastern Arc Guide issue that people experienced last week -chedk with his boss who also had not heard of it. After trying things including logging on to my hopper remotely, he asked me if I had a tablet - so I grabbed my iPad, booted it and launched the Dish Anywhere app and everything worked fine - the guide went out until Sat Sep 23rd. Next he asked me to try using IE or Edge - did so and the timers and schedule worked but the guide still only goes out until Tuesday. I was then told that via the website the guide is only suppose to go out 2 days - I know I have used it before and it went out 9 days.

So at this point he simply says to use IE or Edge - end of problem. But wait I say- your website says that Firefox is a supported browser - you have an issue. - Nope - must be a problem with my PC or Firefox - see ya later.

So after I hung up I tried a few more times - with IE, Edge, Chrome. and Firefox on 2 different Windows 10 computers. Firefox is now displaying the timers and schedule for some reason - black magic I guess - but the guide only goes out 2 days. But I cannot schedule a recording.

IE, Edge, and Chrome all work the same as Firefox, except I can schedule a recording. I did all of this on two computers.

So - I was trying this one more time as I was typing and magically everything works as it should on Firefox now for both accounts. except that the guide still only goes out until Tue. Rather frustrating to have it not work at all - work with some browsers - then partially work - then all of a sudden start working.

Was going to not post this but figured others may be helped by knowing that things do not appear to be stable!

Reactions: BamaFan2
I'm a thousand miles from home, on vacation. Guide goes out a week using the app on my android phone, but won't set a recording. My Windows 10 laptop, using Chrome, will set a recording, but will only go out two days.

This is an internal tech ops bulletin for customers. No ETA on fix, workaround is guide download from standby after check switch typically. Hope that helps. :)

Edit: source is myself (work for dish corporate in a CSC as adv support)

:clapclap Thanks dishwizard, this got my guide to show eight days. My timer shows that the desired shows will be recorded (except for OTA; no luck there).

Life is good again.:party

Amazing - just checked again - via Dish Anywhere Website using Firefox (also Chrome, ID, Edge) the guide now goes out to the 26th - all my timers and scheduled programs show correctly and I was able to schedule a program to record.

Oops, got an 80% solution. The Paul Finebaum Show still has problems. Some episodes are skipped. It runs from 1-2PM CST M-F on ESPN 143, then continues from 2-6PM CST M-F on SEC Network 404-1. Frequently changes time and channel to accomodate live events. I have three timers set and some episodes stll get missed. Can't really fault Dish for this. My workaround is to check daily schedules every week.
NCAA football presents a real challenge for setting up timers. Fortunately, like most Alabama folks, I can take it or leave it, no big deal.