Hopper 3 H341

Manually upgraded both of my Hopper3 receivers to H341 and my Joey3 client to J541.
My Living Room Hopper3 receiver had caller ID and TV Enhancements turned off after the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loaded H341 on my Hopper 3. This took about 28 minutes. But my Joey still doesn't show the option to upgrade to J541 -- it is still at J533. Maybe this takes a while for the Joey 3 to "discover" that it can upgrade ????? Maybe H341 is a prereq for J541 ???

Reactions: charlesrshell
I loaded H341 on my Hopper 3. This took about 28 minutes. But my Joey still doesn't show the option to upgrade to J541 -- it is still at J533. Maybe this takes a while for the Joey 3 to "discover" that it can upgrade ????? Maybe H341 is a prereq for J541 ???
If your Joey was in standby when you updated your Hopper it should have updated too. It usually won't if your Joey was on. Leave your Joey in standby for a while and it might upload to J541. If not, leave it in standby over nite and check it the morning.

Since I am on different software than you guys, I hope this is the software I have been using for a few weeks. The Trick Play Functions are working GREAT again. If the software I have been running isn't public yet... well then you are going to really like it when it is out.

Great job by the DISH Android Team!

Since I am on different software than you guys, I hope this is the software I have been using for a few weeks. The Trick Play Functions are working GREAT again. If the software I have been running isn't public yet... well then you are going to really like it when it is out.

Scott Greczkowski, how about the trip play lag time for the Hopper Plus and Joey 4s? Are they faster now like the Hopper 3 with the latest H341?

Reactions: Josephinelcajon

I have an Android TV (Sony), Roku and FireTV. Why do I think I might find something special in a Plus?

FOMO. Must keep fingers from dialing….

Don't know about H341 since I don't get release software. But the lag time is greatly improved... in fact almost gone.

Again I don't know if what I have is what is going out to you guys... but if it isn't then I am very excited for what you are about to see. :D

I have an Android TV (Sony), Roku and FireTV. Why do I think I might find something special in a Plus?

For you... no. Only thing you would gain with a Plus is not having to change inputs to use Android TV.

My wife is now liking having everything all in one, the WAF is going up greatly on the Plus.

Don't know about H341 since I don't get release software. But the lag time is greatly improved... in fact almost gone.

Again I don't know if what I have is what is going out to you guys... but if it isn't then I am very excited for what you are about to see. :D
Awesome, thanks Scott. I will upload my Hopper Plus to the latest software next week and check it out.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon

I have both situations. My Hopper 3 I use the Firestick for most of my apps. I like using my Hopper Plus and Joey 4s much better using the same DISH remote for everything.

Hopper 3: I've been having external HDD issues for a few days. I just took the update to 341 but it doesn't seem to be any different.
When I plug in the HDD the activity light flashes a few times, but the H3 doesn't notice that it's there.
(not sure if it's a SW thing or my pretty old H3 is dying).
The OTA tuner is working ok.

I've been getting a lot of general stuttering for a few days too (with the internal HDD). Maybe time for a new box.

Hopper 3: I've been having external HDD issues for a few days. I just took the update to 341 but it doesn't seem to be any different.
When I plug in the HDD the activity light flashes a few times, but the H3 doesn't notice that it's there.
(not sure if it's a SW thing or my pretty old H3 is dying).
The OTA tuner is working ok.

I've been getting a lot of general stuttering for a few days too (with the internal HDD). Maybe time for a new box.
Have you tried a plug pull reset? That will often fix these kinds of issues.

If your Joey was in standby when you updated your Hopper it should have updated too. It usually won't if your Joey was on. Leave your Joey in standby for a while and it might upload to J541. If not, leave it in standby over nite and check it the morning.
THANK YOU! That worked. I turned the Joey 3 off (put it in standby) and, like always, the light went out after a minute or two. Then a minute or so later I heard a click and noticed that the Joey light had turned back on. When I turned the TV back on, the install of J541 was in progress, which only took a few minutes. :thumbup