Hopper 3 H341

I like it, especially if I can skip back 10 (or 20) seconds and have chase play work rather than skipping forward to live TV.
Unfortunately it still skips to live during chase play. This has been annoying forever because, if I miss some dialog, I want to skip back 10 secs and hear it again. Can't do that simple thing.

Unfortunately it still skips to live during chase play. This has been annoying forever because, if I miss some dialog, I want to skip back 10 secs and hear it again. Can't do that simple thing.

The skip back works fine on both of my Hopper3 receivers. Are you using a Hopper+?
Trick play works fine on both live and recorded programs for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, I noticed that is not fixed in H341 for the Hopper 3 / Joey 3. I have complaints about all four functions used during live programs: skip back, skip forward, rewind, and FF. All four seem to work fine with already recorded programs, but are problematic with live programming.

The skip back works fine on both of my Hopper3 receivers. Are you using a Hopper+?
Trick play works fine on both live and recorded programs for me.
No H+; just the H3. I'm talking about trick play of live programing. Maybe BarnRat expressed the problem better than I.
Yes, I noticed that is not fixed in H341 for the Hopper 3 / Joey 3. I have complaints about all four functions used during live programs: skip back, skip forward, rewind, and FF. All four seem to work fine with already recorded programs, but are problematic with live programming.

Now don't get me wrong here. I wouldn't want to go back to my old DVR625 because this new Hopper 3 / Joey 3 combo is so much better in almost every way. But, that old primitive MPEG2 box behaved itself when executing jump back, jump forward, rewind, and FF -- even with live programs. And the 4x speed forward and back was nice. Oh well, time marches on . . .

What about during a recording in progress?

This must be an H3 only issue since it works perfectly on my H2's with H241/

I hear ya. It's really bad when I want to jump back to re-listen to something on a SiriusXM channel. It just wants to jump to the current end. I can eventually get there -- but it ain't easy. :(

3 is enough. Could I get 4x from HWS? Doubtful.

But honestly, I am weaning us off Dish. Way too much free stuff. So we are watching down our EHD stuff.

The turning point was when Dr Jeff was removed without warning.

• Wow
Just a quick update - it looks like the trick mode improvements did not make it into 341, but will be in x42 which starts rolling out tonight.

I'm traveling the rest of the week so I won't be able to post until next Monday but feel free to post any feedback/issues in here as I've been monitoring this thread and testing stuff as you guys report it!

Just a quick update - it looks like the trick mode improvements did not make it into 341, but will be in x42 which starts rolling out tonight.

I'm traveling the rest of the week so I won't be able to post until next Monday but feel free to post any feedback/issues in here as I've been monitoring this thread and testing stuff as you guys report it!
Have fun in Orlando. :)

As a tech for over 10 years I've never heard of trick play/mode or chase play. And even after reading through the thread still don't understand what y'all are referring to. Lol
Trick play is using the FF or RW or skip forward or skip back or pause. When watching a live TV channel, you can always skip or rw to the limit of your buffer. But to use the FF or skip forward, you have to hit pause first. Chase play happens when you hit pause (or RW) and then hit play. You are not watching the channel live but you're watching the video from the buffer while "chasing" the live channel.