Hopper 3 H341

I knew better than this. Unless there is an urgent problem, which there isn't in my case, never, ever be on the "bleeding edge" of software -- if you can help it. Wait a few days (or weeks) then go for it. I just forgot what I had learned . . . :facepalm Here I just wasted a little time, but it can always be worse.

Lesson learned again: If it's forced on me -- fine. But if not, then wait a while . . .

Last edited:
I was outside mowing all afternoon. Tonight I noticed that my 2 Hopper3 receivers have rolled back to H339 and my Joey3 rolled back to J533.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
I knew better than this. Unless there is an urgent problem, which there isn't in my case, never, never be on the "bleeding edge" of software -- if you can help it. Wait a few days (or weeks) then go for it. I just forgot what I had learned . . . :facepalm Here I just wasted a little time, but it can always be worse.

Lesson learned again: If it's forced on me -- fine. But if not, then wait a while . . .
8d0482b491jpeg

I’ll bet fried grasshoppers are delicious!

I certainly like fried crickets!

Any bets on how long before insect based “protein supplements” become common, especially in ground meat?

I remember in the Navy, when we started serving hamburgers with 25% soy. People bitc—-, err, complained. Until they ate them. No more complaints. In fact the die hard complainers for the sake of complaining, got shut down real quick by others.

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
I downloaded 341 yesterday morning. This morning it showed 342. Now it shows 339. Perhaps their subscriber loss has started to effect their programming staff.
I had the exact same happen stuck oon 339 for a long time the 341 to 342 then rolled back to 339 the very next day. My guess there was a problem and they rolled back the updated. Crazy thing my ATT cell phone did the same thing this month!!!

I knew better than this. Unless there is an urgent problem, which there isn't in my case, never, never be on the "bleeding edge" of software -- if you can help it. Wait a few days (or weeks) then go for it. I just forgot what I had learned . . . :facepalm Here I just wasted a little time, but it can always be worse.

In my case my Plus froze up on me then updated during the forced reboots but you are apsoolutly right!

A lot of the team is at Team Summit in Orlando. I would have waited until that was over to put out the public push.

I understand they are showing off some menu changes on the Hopper 2 / 3 to make it look more like the Android Platform. I have not seen these changes yet myself, and I am told what they are showing are just concepts. I am also not at Team Summit this year.

A lot of the team is at Team Summit in Orlando. I would have waited until that was over to put out the public push.

I understand they are showing off some menu changes on the Hopper 2 / 3 to make it look more like the Android Platform. I have not seen these changes yet myself, and I am told what they are showing are just concepts. I am also not at Team Summit this year.
Well, I hope that some of my input got in there. I had a private Zoom call with the UI team about three months ago, and we talked a lot of about the dumb_ssed tile interface and other stuff. They seemed to understand what I was saying, and this was not supposed to be another Windows 8 clone/catastrophe. As a CIO, I tend to get my points across in any way I can.

I'd be interested in what got in there and what did not.

Well, I hope that some of my input got in there. I had a private Zoom call with the UI team about three months ago, and we talked a lot of about the dumb_ssed tile interface and other stuff. They seemed to understand what I was saying, and this was not supposed to be another Windows 8 clone/catastrophe. As a CIO, I tend to get my points across in any way I can.

I'd be interested in what got in there and what did not.
they get rid of title crap I would be happy or at very lest for DVR or better yet give options for Tiles( which hate in DVR and have since day one of owning a hopper with sling) or text line like it was on the dvrs prior,

I probably wont not mind tiles if they were not so glitchy, some time the load other times they dont some time select them and they do nothing Hopper3 is great peice hw imo, but is really buggy imo, and some bug have been around since before hoppers where a thing

yah the skipping in live tv has gotten worse on the joeys, with H339 that has now, it was never this bad in prior builds if i skip back to same spot where skip was with recording is play fine. what ever dish is doing with software is making this issue worse

Tried to force an update to 341 today with no luck! It went through the whole process of downloading and eventually rebooting only to come back still on H339.