Hopper 3 H341

Just for the record, it appears that my Hopper H3 rebooted yesterday while on H341 and then went on instead of standby and then only showed 1 of 3 External HDDs as it displayed 2 instead of 4 which required unplugging the USB cable for the USB 3.0 hub on the lower port of Hopper H3 before it detected all the 3 EHDDs and remains on H341 which was downloaded on May 6, 2023 so I didn't get downgraded yet to H339.

Last edited:
The pulling back of previous releases reminds me of seeing an animal, after treatment, being released back into the wild. And turning back and staying with their captors/feeders.

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
Just for the record, it appears that my Hopper H3 rebooted yesterday while on H341 and then went on instead of standby and then only showed 1 of 3 External HDDs as it displayed 2 instead of 4 which required unplugging the USB cable for the USB 3.0 hub on the lower port of Hopper H3 before it detected all the 3 EHDDs and remains on H341 which was downloaded on May 6, 2023 so I didn't get downgraded yet to H339.
The next time it rebooted was last night at 11:30PM Pacific Time (GMT -700) and I basically went from H341 to H343 without being downgraded to H339 first.

Trying again manually.
Well, wonders never cease! It appears Dish has finally fixed the chase play problem where it jumps to live. I hit the skip back button (once) and got 20 seconds (expected rather than 10) and there it stayed. I tried it just now on my J3 with J543.

This fix is very very helpful in catching something you missed. Thanks Dish.

so the didnt actual fix it they just make skip go back 20 where issue normal never happen in firstplace, the problem was with 10sec back, I noticed dish skip back 20 at random for months as opposed to 10sec. nor do i like it skip back 20 sec half time just want to go back 10 sec for see what imissed and for it NOT to jump to live

Cant the just fix the issue and let us choose 10sec or 30sec skip back and 30sec or 1m skip in options

Better then no fix on something that been happen on there dvr since before hoppers:)

so the didnt actual fix it they just make skip go back 20 where issue normal never happen in firstplace, the problem was with 10sec back, I noticed dish skip back 20 at random for months as opposed to 10sec. nor do i like it skip back 20 sec half time just want to go back 10 sec for see what imissed and for it NOT to jump to live
Yeah, they fixed it good enough for me to do what I want, which is hear again what I missed the first time. Before this fix, you had to go back at least 30 seconds (some said 1 min) to get it to play without skipping to live, which is a colossal waste of time We haven't gotten 10 sec skip back from live play for many many years going back to VIP receives. You do get 10 secs skipping back on recorded programs IIRC.

FYI . . .

Here is the approx timing I've seen on my Hopper 3 for the last three installs, from the moment the software update request is made in the Tools menu until the Hopper 3 is fully operational. YMMV. I realize this will vary among customers and will also depend on the extent of the software updates and any special processing required for them.

Hopper 3 upgrade timing:

- 00 min -- Start (Hopper shuts down then starts back up)
- 03 min -- Msg 061 (Vital prog info downloading)
- 16 min -- Complete
- 16 min -- Msg 303 (Memory being programmed)
- 24 min -- Complete
- 27 min -- Fully operational
Your info is close to my info. Next manual software update I do, I will update it.

Hopper Upgrade Software Tool

Follow the following procedure and see if you have better results. Be absolutely sure that you have all receivers (Hoppers, Joeys) in standby and that you have no recordings set for the next couple of hours. After you perform step two, set your remote control down and do not touch it again till the last screen appears in step 8. Upgrade takes about 25 to 30 minutes to perform. Be patient.

1. The Upgrade Software Tool is located in the Diagnostics menu. For the 54.0 remote control press Home button three times, scroll to Tools, then select the Upgrade Software icon. For the 40.0 remote control press the Menu button two times.

2. Popup 1573 Upgrade Software (pic 1) appears. Select Upgrade Now.

3. About a minute later the Hopper 3 Starting Up screen (pic 2) appears.

4. In about two minutes the DISH screen saver screen (pic 3) appears.

5. About a minute later popup 061 Warning Vital Program information screen (pic 4) with the download scroll bar appears.

6. In about thirteen minutes the popup 303 Warning Your receiver’s memory is now being programed (pic 5) appears.

7. In about seven minutes the Hopper 3 Starting Up screen (pic 2) appears.

8. In about two minutes the DISH screen saver (pic 3) appears again.

9. Now you can press the SAT button on your remote control and live TV should come on.

Sometimes after the update is complete you might get a popup 498 Attention Updating Remote (pic 6). Set your remote control down and do not disturb it while it is being updated. I think this takes about 10 to 15 minutes.

Attachments

• 1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg