Hopper 3 install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glfire19

Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Michigan
Ok, I have been scouring the forum to figure out what is needed for the install. I was told that I needed a new 1000.2 and DPH LNB which I purchased with my new H3 and 3 wireless joeys. I bought this from a vendor and they state I needed to use a Solo Node. In reading here I can run a direct line from the Dish to the H3 receiver with out the Solo Node. I will be running a dual cable just in case of issues later on. The other question I have is does the ground need to run to the Solo Node if used or just to a grounding point?

Ok, I have been scouring the forum to figure out what is needed for the install. I was told that I needed a new 1000.2 and DPH LNB which I purchased with my new H3 and 3 wireless joeys. I bought this from a vendor and they state I needed to use a Solo Node. In reading here I can run a direct line from the Dish to the H3 receiver with out the Solo Node. I will be running a dual cable just in case of issues later on. The other question I have is does the ground need to run to the Solo Node if used or just to a grounding point?
You need a solo HUB, not node. 2 lines will do you no good. The Hopper 3 kills the port 2 output at the LNBF when it's powered up. 1 line to the hub - ODU port. 1 line from the Host port to the Hopper. You also need a Wireless Access Point (WAP) for the WiFi Joeys to connect to, And yeah, with wireless Joeys, you don't really need a hub anyway, you can run from the LNB right to the Hopper

Ok just put up the Dish and using a satellite buddy got a good lock on 72.7 but can’t get a lock on 61.5. I have tried moving the satellite around but no luck. Does anyone have some suggestions? I have not hooked up the hopper 3 till I get good locks. I am using a 1000.2 eastern arc dish and the DPH.

Ok just put up the Dish and using a satellite buddy got a good lock on 72.7 but can’t get a lock on 61.5. I have tried moving the satellite around but no luck. Does anyone have some suggestions? I have not hooked up the hopper 3 till I get good locks. I am using a 1000.2 eastern arc dish and the DPH.
You're probably hitting the 77. If you're using a sat buddy, raise it a notch or 2 and use the 61 to point it

I have tried moving it up a couple of notches and nothing on 61.5. Once I turn on the meter and lock on 72.7 and then move to 61.5 and it locks for a quick second. When I lock on 72.7 it states Nimq 5 satellite and on 61.5 it it looking for Echostar 16.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)