Hopper 3 install

glfire19

Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Michigan
Ok, I have been scouring the forum to figure out what is needed for the install. I was told that I needed a new 1000.2 and DPH LNB which I purchased with my new H3 and 3 wireless joeys. I bought this from a vendor and they state I needed to use a Solo Node. In reading here I can run a direct line from the Dish to the H3 receiver with out the Solo Node. I will be running a dual cable just in case of issues later on. The other question I have is does the ground need to run to the Solo Node if used or just to a grounding point?

Ok, I have been scouring the forum to figure out what is needed for the install. I was told that I needed a new 1000.2 and DPH LNB which I purchased with my new H3 and 3 wireless joeys. I bought this from a vendor and they state I needed to use a Solo Node. In reading here I can run a direct line from the Dish to the H3 receiver with out the Solo Node. I will be running a dual cable just in case of issues later on. The other question I have is does the ground need to run to the Solo Node if used or just to a grounding point?
You need a solo HUB, not node. 2 lines will do you no good. The Hopper 3 kills the port 2 output at the LNBF when it's powered up. 1 line to the hub - ODU port. 1 line from the Host port to the Hopper. You also need a Wireless Access Point (WAP) for the WiFi Joeys to connect to, And yeah, with wireless Joeys, you don't really need a hub anyway, you can run from the LNB right to the Hopper

Ok just put up the Dish and using a satellite buddy got a good lock on 72.7 but can’t get a lock on 61.5. I have tried moving the satellite around but no luck. Does anyone have some suggestions? I have not hooked up the hopper 3 till I get good locks. I am using a 1000.2 eastern arc dish and the DPH.

Ok just put up the Dish and using a satellite buddy got a good lock on 72.7 but can’t get a lock on 61.5. I have tried moving the satellite around but no luck. Does anyone have some suggestions? I have not hooked up the hopper 3 till I get good locks. I am using a 1000.2 eastern arc dish and the DPH.
You're probably hitting the 77. If you're using a sat buddy, raise it a notch or 2 and use the 61 to point it

I have tried moving it up a couple of notches and nothing on 61.5. Once I turn on the meter and lock on 72.7 and then move to 61.5 and it locks for a quick second. When I lock on 72.7 it states Nimq 5 satellite and on 61.5 it it looking for Echostar 16.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts