Hopper 3 internet connection

samgovol

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
I have a question for you experts.....My hopper 3 is on my lower level (with my 4K TV) far away from my wireless router. But, I have a joey in the same room with my router...Is it possible for the joey to pull the internet connection for the system...or does it have to come from the hopper 3?

If it has to come from the hopper 3....is it possible to put the hopper 3 in the same room with the router and swap the joey to the 4K tv room?

I guess my question really boils down to does the entire system get its internet connection from the hopper (and not the joeys?)

Internet comes from the Hopper. Yes, you could swap the Hopper 3 and the 4K Joey positions but things will have to be rewired at the Hub.

Use the built-in wireless in the Hopper to connect to your router and the Internet. Turn on bridging in the Hopper and the MOCA will supply Internet to the Joey. I'm assuming you can connect wirelessly to your router.

Internet comes from the Hopper. Yes, you could swap the Hopper 3 and the 4K Joey positions but things will have to be rewired at the Hub.
Yes, but would there not have to be some cable switching at the Hub (basing my thinking on the Node)?

Use the built-in wireless in the Hopper to connect to your router and the Internet. Turn on bridging in the Hopper and the MOCA will supply Internet to the Joey. I'm assuming you can connect wirelessly to your router.
He said that his wireless router is a long way from the Hopper. I'm going to guess that is his issue.

Some great advice here. .thanks. ..a few statements. .1..yes my hopper picks up wireless. ..but it's a low signal. ..
2..I have an coax at the router (it brings the cable Internet in to the router )
3..is my Joey 2.0 the same thing as Joey 4k? Bc otherwise I guess I would need to swap out Joey's.

Some great advice here. .thanks. ..a few statements. .1..yes my hopper picks up wireless. ..but it's a low signal. ..
2..I have an coax at the router (it brings the cable Internet in to the router )
3..is my Joey 2.0 the same thing as Joey 4k? Bc otherwise I guess I would need to swap out Joey's.
2: To be more accurate, you need DISH coax convenient to the router. From your original post, I take it the Joey could be a wired connection. Unfortunately the Joey can't share the connection. What you can do is install the HIC in-line on the same coax as connected to the Joey, which will give internet access to the entire Dish moca network.
3: No, they are not the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts