Hopper 3 just installed, no prime video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brownover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
north carolina
Just had a hopper 3 installed, but no prime video and tech could not get it to download. Software version is u539. Had to return to work so problem not resolved. Will the unit continue to download updates and prime video app? When we tried to download new software, we got this statement. "U539 is latest update for this receiver." Help!

U may need to wait couple days. I just checked my Hopper 3 version. It shows:
Software version: U936 11/7/2020 3:03 AM

There r some Dish Gurus here (Bobby, TheKrell, Crodrules and more) who could give their advice as soon as they see this.

Reactions: pattykay
There r some Dish Gurus here (Bobby, TheKrell, Crodrules and more) who could give their advice as soon as they see this.

I am honored to be in that august company! But you already figured out what was wrong yourself: old software that predates the Prime Video app. Now you will have to include yourself in all lists of Dish Gurus. :D

Brownover, that firmware is ancient. I do not know why it thinks that is current. Let's hope it figure this out and updates soon, and doesn't get stuck back there in the mists of antiquity. <-- Hey, I got to use that expression twice in the same week!

You might give it a few days as previously noted. U539 is a year and a half old. You may well see U936 loaded tomorrow morning. Then you will see Amazon Prime.
Bobby, why would Hopper gradually update from a very early version to the latest (version after version)? It seems like a wasted time. Shouldn't the hardware (hopper 3) go straight to the latest to download? Perhaps my thinking is wrong. With computer programs update, u r able to download the latest.

The H3 takes overnight to download guide data, on demand and software updates. It's always been this way.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: peggy97850
U may need to wait couple days. I just checked my Hopper 3 version. It shows:
Software version: U936 11/7/2020 3:03 AM

I have been thinking of changing my tagline (below my avatar) from "The Happy Pessimist" to "The Free Preview Guru." ;)

The H3 takes overnight to download guide data, on demand and software updates. It's always been this way.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I would have assumed that it should download the latest software version during the installation wizard, while the receiver is being installed. At least, that is the way it normally works with new Wally and Hopper Duo installations. Do Hopper 3 software downloads take so much longer that they delay the download until the overnight hours, to avoid wasting the installer's time waiting for it to download?

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
The apps are set out differently then the software of the box. You could have the current Hopper 3 firmware but your apps package may be old.

You will get it over the next few days. :)
It sounds more like the opposite: the OP's Hopper 3 firmware is old, but we have no information about which apps package that receiver has. The current Application Software Version should be AN457.

It sounds more like the opposite: the OP's Hopper 3 firmware is old, but we have no information about which apps package that receiver has. The current Application Software Version should be AN457.
U539 was prior to Prime as an OEM app. An update to the latest version would give him the Prime and Nest apps

Has anyone had problems with Prime Video on the Hopper 3? I recently updated to the Hopper 3 and if I select the Amazon Prime app or select channel 301, the screen "Prime Video" shows up on my TV and then Hopper 3 "crashes" and restarts.

FYI, Netflix works without issue and to my knowledge everything else on my Hopper is operating without issue - I can view and record, etc.

Any ideas as to what might be the issue?

Thanks!

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Has anyone had problems with Prime Video on the Hopper 3? I recently updated to the Hopper 3 and if I select the Amazon Prime app or select channel 301, the screen "Prime Video" shows up on my TV and then Hopper 3 "crashes" and restarts.

FYI, Netflix works without issue and to my knowledge everything else on my Hopper is operating without issue - I can view and record, etc.

Thanks!

How recently did you upgrade to a Hopper 3? It can take a few days on new ones for all the features to work as it downloads updates. My technician told me to expect that when I upgraded last year.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks!
Have you tried launching it by voice command? (Either with the 54-series remote, or with something like an Alexa device or Google Assistant device.) If so, does the Prime app also cause the Hopper to crash when it is launched that way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts