Hopper 3 lip sync issues

phatal

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2014
Minneapolis
Is anyone else experience an increasing issue with lip sync on certain channels? It doesn't affect all channels, but the ones I'm experiencing it on are getting worse. Today as an example CMT, MTV and Comedy Central were so bad I couldn't watch.
Switched to NBC to watch Jeopardy and there was no issue at all. CMT is where I notice it the most, but today it was more widespread. It's not 100% of the time, but more often than not at varying degrees. TV is an LG 65in OLED C7.
Anyone else seeing lip sync issues. Restarts of H3 don't resolve.

Thanks!

Is anyone else experience an increasing issue with lip sync on certain channels? It doesn't affect all channels, but the ones I'm experiencing it on are getting worse. Today as an example CMT, MTV and Comedy Central were so bad I couldn't watch.
Switched to NBC to watch Jeopardy and there was no issue at all. CMT is where I notice it the most, but today it was more widespread. It's not 100% of the time, but more often than not at varying degrees. TV is an LG 65in OLED C7.
Anyone else seeing lip sync issues. Restarts of H3 don't resolve.

Thanks!

Hello, phatal. There is a setting that changing that could help, the Dolby Digital setting. To make this change, press the Menu button once or the Home button two times. Select Settings > Audio Output. On this screen, you will want to change the "Dolby Audio" field from "On" to "Off" (or vice versa).

If changing this setting does not work, we recommend reaching out to us for further steps to resolve this issue or replace the Hopper. You can chat with us online at MyDISH. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.

Hello, phatal. There is a setting that changing that could help, the Dolby Digital setting. To make this change, press the Menu button once or the Home button two times. Select Settings > Audio Output. On this screen, you will want to change the "Dolby Audio" field from "On" to "Off" (or vice versa).

If changing this setting does not work, we recommend reaching out to us for further steps to resolve this issue or replace the Hopper. You can chat with us online at MyDISH. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.
I appreciate the response. Thank you.

Turning off Dolby audio in the sound settings of the Hopper 3 does fix this, but to HipKat's point - is this a known bug of the system I need to learn to live with or is the receiver in need of replacement?
Thanks!

I have found that sometimes rewinding the program back several minutes then pausing, playing then fast forwarding resynchs the audio and video. It may take several tries.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What dish provided was good actuality because even though most programs support Dolby audio, a lot of shows still don’t support it for what so ever reason and even shows that do support it, their sd variants don’t support it, I have experienced this with my Vizio sound bar and tv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts