Hopper 3 no wireless

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike1412343

Original poster
Apr 18, 2020
GA
I just had a Hopper 3 and Joey 4k installed on Thursday. I am trying to setup the Hopper to use the wireless internet but it does not see any wireless networks. I have also tried manually adding the wireless networks and that doesn't work either. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hey Mike1412343! We absolutely hate to hear that you're having issues with getting your Hopper connected to the Internet. Please feel free to take a look at MyDISH and see if this can help.

If it doesn't, please feel free to reach out to our amazing technical support at MyDISH and click the button for our live chat!

I tried the red button reset but it didn't help. I then reset the hopper to factory default and that didn't help either. I am now waiting on hold with DISH. This has not been a good introduction to DISH. They are already shipping me a new Joey 4k because it wouldn't stay connected and now it looks like they are going to have to send a new Hopper 3.

I tried the red button reset but it didn't help. I then reset the hopper to factory default and that didn't help either. I am now waiting on hold with DISH. This has not been a good introduction to DISH. They are already shipping me a new Joey 4k because it wouldn't stay connected and now it looks like they are going to have to send a new Hopper 3.

You didn't get a new one to begin with? :( They gave me a new one, but I have no idea if the wireless works because I hardwire everything possible.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I am guessing it was new. I never saw the tech unbox it. He just brought it in from his truck. I finally got in touch with DISH and they are sending a technician to look at it.

Reactions: TheKrell
I don't have a Hopper, so this is just a shot in the dark... is your Wireless 5G only? Does the Hopper connect to a 5G signal?

I could be totally off base.

Well, at least somebody knows what Sam was talking about! I had to Google this to determine that the 5G mentioned above is the 5GHz WiFi band, and not mobile 5G technology.
Meh, I knew, 5Ghz is the preferred network for a fixed streaming device, like a Hopewr, Roku, Firestick, etc

Meh, I knew, 5Ghz is the preferred network for a fixed streaming device, like a Hopewr, Roku, Firestick, etc
That often depends on distance and obstructions since signal is weaker. My Samsung Netflix and Prime apps won't play 4k at 5g, but will at 2.4

That often depends on distance and obstructions since signal is weaker. My Samsung Netflix and Prime apps won't play 4k at 5g, but will at 2.4
Actually, that's true. 5Ghz has less range than 2.4Ghz

Just got my replacement Joey in and it is stuck at downloading software. Placed a call to DISH and they said they need to send a tech out. Told them I wanted to cancel the service and they told me I would be responsible for the early termination fees. I Don't think so. This was installed on Thursday and it has been nothing but problems. Escalated it to an account manager and they credited my account for half the month and they are going to send someone out on the 28th to replace everything. If that doesn't work the service will be canceled. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Just got my replacement Joey in and it is stuck at downloading software. Placed a call to DISH and they said they need to send a tech out. Told them I wanted to cancel the service and they told me I would be responsible for the early termination fees. I Don't think so. This was installed on Thursday and it has been nothing but problems. Escalated it to an account manager and they credited my account for half the month and they are going to send someone out on the 28th to replace everything. If that doesn't work the service will be canceled. Thanks for all the help everyone.
A reboot of the Hopper may get that Joey to start downloading

Shouldn't the install tech have noticed this during the installation? When I upgraded from a HWS to H3, the tech had me enter my wifi PW and we confirmed the connection.....

Shouldn't the install tech have noticed this during the installation? When I upgraded from a HWS to H3, the tech had me enter my wifi PW and we confirmed the connection.....
It's his job, we're supposed to connect them if the customer has internet (sans hotspots). If the WiFi doesn't work, the tech has WiFi adapters, HICS, Ethernet cords, Mesh Routers. If there's a will, there's a way - or swap a bad Hopper if all else fails

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts