Owned not leased Hopper 3 Install question....

WGFA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
PA
Do I need a tech to install a Hopper 3 that i bought or can I just call to set it up? TIA

i am doing mine myself. i have the dish the hybrib lnb and the hub along with the DTV dish that i'll be using for target practice..
id'e goto dishformyrv.com and activate the box that way. if you use dishes prepay plan there's a 150.00 activation fee wich is the install as well!!! but since your doing it yourself.. save the 150.00!!! you'll be paying full price for the programming with no discounts freebies or goodies!!! and dish don't track the boxes also

Do you have a dish installed and aimed with the correct hybrid LNBF installed?
Yes I already have Dish. I have the original Hopper but just want to upgrade to 3 because mine is starting to act up...

After you get a solid signal on the new box , just call in and tell them you bought a new box and want to activate the new one and deactivate the old one. They will ask for the new receiver Id (you may get prompt screen. With the info during your setup).

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: NYDutch and Tampa8
Yes I already have Dish. I have the original Hopper but just want to upgrade to 3 because mine is starting to act up...

Your Hopper 2000 (H1) has a DPP LNBF installed, and that will either need changing to a hybrid LNBF or a DPH42 switch will need to be installed to convert the DPP LNBF. As Nelson said, then you can just call in and activate the new H3 while deactivating the H1. If you plan to sell the H1, make sure they remove it completely from your account or the buyer will not be able to activate it.

Reactions: TheKrell and joegr
Your Hopper 2000 (H1) has a DPP LNBF installed, and that will either need changing to a hybrid LNBF or a DPH42 switch will need to be installed to convert the DPP LNBF. As Nelson said, then you can just call in and activate the new H3 while deactivating the H1. If you plan to sell the H1, make sure they remove it completely from your account or the buyer will not be able to activate it.
Ok just checked you are right I have DPP 1K.2 switch. So I need DPH42 switch now?

Unless this was my last $150 I was saving for my burial, I'd take Dish's deal and let them do it.
What fun is that?
I always self install, not that they are all bad but have you seen some of the "professional" installations out there? Many are a hot mess.
I wall fish everything even from the basement to first floor. No way some hack is drilling through my hardwood floors.
I know there are some amazing installers out there but they are the exception not the rule. At least now a days.

Either a DPH42 or a Hybrid LNBF. In either case you'll likely need to access the dish so you might as well go with the LNBF and save some money.
Thanks. Could you please provide me a link to both of the above so I know which ones are correct. TIA

Thanks. Could you please provide me a link to both of the above so I know which ones are correct. TIA

Here's a reliable source for both. There may be cheaper sources...

DPH42 switch with power inserter
Dish Pro Hybrid 42 Switch (DPH42) from Solid Signal

I don't know which arc you're on, so here's both LNB's:

Hybrid eastern arc LNB
DISH 1000.2 Slimline LNB Eastern Arc Hybrid with Bracket (ES218791-BRKT) from Solid Signal

Hybrid western arc LNB
DISH 1000.2 Slimline Hybrid LNB Western Arc with Bracket (ES217837-BRKT) from Solid Signal

Here's a reliable source for both. There may be cheaper sources...

DPH42 switch with power inserter
Dish Pro Hybrid 42 Switch (DPH42) from Solid Signal

I don't know which arc you're on, so here's both LNB's:

Hybrid eastern arc LNB
DISH 1000.2 Slimline LNB Eastern Arc Hybrid with Bracket (ES218791-BRKT) from Solid Signal

Hybrid western arc LNB
DISH 1000.2 Slimline Hybrid LNB Western Arc with Bracket (ES217837-BRKT) from Solid Signal
Thanks! Im on the West. So I can just go with either or, correct?

I hooked up my hopper 3 to my eastern arc I didn’t know that you needed the new hybrid lnb and the dish . Thanks to the guys here they pointed me in the right direction. I found everything at dish depot.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks! Im on the West. So I can just go with either or, correct?
Yes, either the switch or the LNB will work. If you have a Solo or Duo Node, that will also need to be replaced with a Solo or Duo Hub. The switch requires a coax connection to all three ports on the LNB, where the hybrid LNB only needs a single coax connected to the Hub. If the Node was installed at the dish, you'll need to climb up there anyway, and I'd suggest going with the new LNB. If the original installer brought all three wires from the current LNB down the house to the Node, then the switch would be the easier installation.

Yes, either the switch or the LNB will work. If you have a Solo or Duo Node, that will also need to be replaced with a Solo or Duo Hub. The switch requires a coax connection to all three ports on the LNB, where the hybrid LNB only needs a single coax connected to the Hub. If the Node was installed at the dish, you'll need to climb up there anyway, and I'd suggest going with the new LNB. If the original installer brought all three wires from the current LNB down the house to the Node, then the switch would be the easier installation.
Thanks for the reply. I'm still a little confused. So I'm pretty sure I have a "Solo" not Duo Hub" at the dish. So, if I understand correctly, is that if that's true I only need to install a "Hybrid WA LNB" and nothing more correct? TIA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts