Hopper 3 Noise

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
How noisy are the 3's compared to the old Hoppers? I have had 4 of the old Hoppers. 2 of them make so much noise from the never shutting off HD that they could be heard from 2 rooms away. 1 of the current ones I have is so noisy I put it on a timer to turn off at 11PM so I can sleep. Why don't these power wasting space heaters ever shut down?

Thanx

No noise with mine. It is in our master bedroom and it is very quite. Maybe there is a problem with your hoppers fan. It is couple bucks and easy to replace.

All of my Hoppers (H1, H2, H3) were very quiet. The H3 is even quieter than the others.

Satellite receivers aren't really all that power hungry. About 40 watts, half of which is the LNB and related equipment located on/near the dish.

A whining sound indicates a hard drive on it's way out. A replacement ASAP is indicated.

A fan that runs fast indicates not enough cooling to the unit, or possibly a fault in the receiver itself.

A fan that rattles is grounds to replace the unit also.

Definitely the HD making the noise. Not a whine just like a droning sound. Just like the HD of a computer but 10X louder. I had to fight for hrs. with Dish to get the last noisy one replaced even though I had insurance. I was asking the ? as I will either go to the Hopper 3 or DTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)