Hopper 3 - Please wait refresh in progress

So I've re-read this entire thread a couple times now and one thing stood out to me. It was pointed out that the cables or connectors between the Hopper and the dish could be the cause. That reminded me that before I had this problem, I accidently yanked the crimp connector off the end of one of the coax runs. This is the run that goes between the Hopper to the Solo Hub. At the time I didn't have any new connectors so I just shoved the same connector back on and used a smaller setting on my crimp tool to get it tight. It's been working all this time (so I thought), but that could be the cause of my issue. I have new crimp connectors now so I just cut that end off and put a new connector on it the correct way. Everything is up and running again now so time will tell if that really was the cause of the issue.

Well, Sunday morning I had the same old Please Wait Refresh in Progress message. I did not have it Saturday at all and it did not recure during the day on Sunday. This morning (Monday) everything is still working fine with no message. I'm not sure what to think about this. It's better than it was, but it still has occurred once since I fixed the coax connector.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have noticed that in the mornings when I first turn my hopper 3 on and it will sometimes will refresh in progress message will show on my hopper 3. I have kept my hopper 3 hooked up since I left DISH in 2020 and use it mostly as an ota dvr. It will also show the refresh message after a Reboot as well. While its on the screen you can't do anything till it clears. I think this is normal behavior. Having it happen all day long would not be normal. But once you have changed out the hopper and checked the cabling and switches you have to accept this is the way this receiver is supposed to operate.

My buddy who has the hopper with sling says he gets the refresh message first after a reboot and it will then say 9999, then 8888 message comes up for the snap usb plug in to make the receiver faster. It is annoying to wait for both to clear. So luckily if you have the hopper 3 you won't have to wait as long.

Reactions: charlesrshell