Hopper 3 rebooting

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
A couple times in the last day or 2 (hopper installed last week) I turn on the hopper and it goes into a reboot. Its not doing it 100% of the time.

Is this happening to other people?

No reboots here, either. H3 was installed Feb. 1, and there have been no reboots or need to reset. One of the Joey 2.0s has frozen on a black screen a couple of times, but the H3 itself has been rock-solid.

No reboots here, either. H3 was installed Feb. 1, and there have been no reboots or need to reset. One of the Joey 2.0s has frozen on a black screen a couple of times, but the H3 itself has been rock-solid.
Hopefully it's restarting while you;re sleeping!

I have a problem with reboots when switching from one OTA sub-channel to another. The screen goes black and then the receiver reboots. It's intermittent.

I also had a reboot once when doing an OTA scan for channels. I've had no other reboot problems.

Larry
SF

A couple times in the last day or 2 (hopper installed last week) I turn on the hopper and it goes into a reboot. Its not doing it 100% of the time.

Is this happening to other people?
DUde,

I am on my third unit....keeps rebooting. Installer rewired entire path....same....talked with him after install repair and he stated that dish has a memo going around that it is virus related in their OS. It still reboots, finding that certain channels triger the reboot, and other actions such as recording a program and then changing channels to something else. Channels 122 SCI-FI, channel 105 USA and sometimes Bravo...on New years day, I wanted to watch the twilight zone marathon and the unit rebooted like ten times.

Customer support is clueless and say that it is a power problem in my house, I bought their surge suppresor and no change. If it is virus related I may have infected each of my units by transfering settings and recorded programs. I truely think it is a virus and it is on the harddrive, thus the recording issue when changing channels....but how this is related to Sci Fi etc I don't understand. I am planning on downgrading to the older hopper till they figure this out.

My Hopper 3 has been rebooting randomly for about a week now. I haven't been able to pinpoint a pattern to try to narrow down a cause. Tonight it's happened twice. The first time, I was watching live tv but had the DVR Recordings screen up and it started skipping and lagging and then froze up and then rebooted.

The second time, I was watching a recorded program, it started skipping and lagging and then froze up. It wouldn't reboot this time so I had to hit the reset button.

I wish they would fix this. It seems to have started with U336.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

My Hopper 3 has been rebooting randomly for about a week now. I haven't been able to pinpoint a pattern to try to narrow down a cause. Tonight it's happened twice. The first time, I was watching live tv but had the DVR Recordings screen up and it started skipping and lagging and then froze up and then rebooted.

The second time, I was watching a recorded program, it started skipping and lagging and then froze up. It wouldn't reboot this time so I had to hit the reset button.

I wish they would fix this. It seems to have started with U336.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app
Sounds like you need a replacement.

Transfer as many recordings as you can off the internal drive to an external, backup timer and config info to your remote before swapping.

I have had reboots in the last 3 days. It never happened with the H3 before this. I am on U336. The reboots occur when I 1st start up. One also occured when I tried to go to the DVR. I also noticed that I could not transfer a saved Prime Time program to a folder. It was in the DVR but disappeared when I looked in the managed recordings screen.

I have had reboots in the last 3 days. It never happened with the H3 before this. I am on U336. The reboots occur when I 1st start up. One also occured when I tried to go to the DVR. I also noticed that I could not transfer a saved Prime Time program to a folder. It was in the DVR but disappeared when I looked in the managed recordings screen.
I had an issue with my H3 rebooting a few times a day soon after it was installed; after reading some recommendations others made on here, I tried unplugging it from the power strip it was plugged into and plugged it directly into the wall. It hasn't rebooted since. Don't know if my power strip was failing, could be the H3 was just more sensitive to little power fluctuations than the HWS was that was plugged in there before.

Sounds like you need a replacement.

Transfer as many recordings as you can off the internal drive to an external, backup timer and config info to your remote before swapping.

Doesn't the Hopper 3 have a feature where you can transfer recordings from one Hopper to another directly? I think it's in the "tools" menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts