Hopper 3 Remote Control

Does anyone know if this 52.0 remote learns commands. I'd like to program my audio receiver on/off when in aux mode like I did with my 40.0.

Can you have both the 40.0 and 52.0 remotes paired with the Hopper 3 or Joey 2 at the same time?
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I was able to pair both the new 52.0 and the old 40.0 remotes with the H3 - at the same time. Also, the 40.0 controls the box from other rooms in the house so I wouldn't think it was strictly RF as I have heard. I haven't tried this with the 52.0 yet.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I was able to pair both the new 52.0 and the old 40.0 remotes with the H3 - at the same time. Also, the 40.0 controls the box from other rooms in the house so I wouldn't think it was strictly RF as I have heard. I haven't tried this with the 52.0 yet.
IR = Infra Red = must have line of site.

RF = Radio Frequency = works through walls/cabinets/etc.

40.0/52.0/50.0 are ALL RF only when controlling the H3/Joey.

21.x (VIP series) remotes have to be set for IR mode, but then work just fine as long as IR is enabled on the H3. The 21.0 RF tech is not compatible with the HopperX/40/50/52 RF tech.

20.x remotes are IR only and work just fine if IR is enabled on the H3.

You can have any mix of 40/52/(presumably)50 RF remotes paired to the H3 (up to 8 or so remotes total). Since the IR remotes are not paired, you could have as many as you want.

The H3 is smart enough to know which remote you are actively using and changes screen prompts accordingly, ie: displaying "Options" or "App" text in prompts vs "Red" or "Blue" button icons.

IR = Infra Red = must have line of site.

RF = Radio Frequency = works through walls/cabinets/etc.

40.0/52.0/50.0 are ALL RF only when controlling the H3/Joey.

21.x (VIP series) remotes have to be set for IR mode, but then work just fine as long as IR is enabled on the H3. The 21.0 RF tech is not compatible with the HopperX/40/50/52 RF tech.

20.x remotes are IR only and work just fine if IR is enabled on the H3.

You can have any mix of 40/52/(presumably)50 RF remotes paired to the H3 (up to 8 or so remotes total). Since the IR remotes are not paired, you could have as many as you want.

The H3 is smart enough to know which remote you are actively using and changes screen prompts accordingly, ie: displaying "Options" or "App" text in prompts vs "Red" or "Blue" button icons.
Yes! I noticed how the Hopper seemed to adapt to the particular remote I was using. Smart!

The new remote has the same way as the old (and buttons) for skipping forward and backwards, but I don't see a way to fast-forward or fast-rewind.... is it there and I'm just not seeing it? I keep falling back on my old remote - I'm really glad it works on the new H3.

The new remote has the same way as the old (and buttons) for skipping forward and backwards, but I don't see a way to fast-forward or fast-rewind.... is it there and I'm just not seeing it? I keep falling back on my old remote - I'm really glad it works on the new H3.
Never mind - it uses the same buttons as for skip - you just hold them down. The old remote used the conventional "VCR-like" forward and rewind keys.

I am going to have a Hopper 3 installed in a week or so. Which Remote Control comes standard with it? Can I choose which model Remote that they give me? I would seem to want the same Remote that comes with the Hopper w/Sling. The other ones don't seem as functional. Plus the voice activated Remote isn't being distributed yet?
no choice - the H3 is packaged with the new 53.0 remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)