Hopper 3 Remote Control

Well I tried again last night and I was able to get both of my 40 remotes paired, no idea what the issue was before. But thanks for the info that it worked I might have given up. I wonder how many remotes you can have paired? The voice remote totally sucks other than the voice button, but my wife now likes the idea of having her own remote in bed!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah, I never thought I would like the 52 remote control over the 40 ,but now I have them on every tv I have in the house. It took me about a week to get used to it , but now it comes second nature, and I have had a remote control like the 40 version ,in some fashion or form, since I had DISH back in 97.:oldsmile2

Yeah, I never thought I would like the 52 remote control over the 40 ,but now I have them on every tv I have in the house. It took me about a week to get used to it , but now it comes second nature, and I have had a remote control like the 40 version ,in some fashion or form, since I had DISH back in 97.:oldsmile2
Is that the one where you have to hold down the skip buttons to FF/RW (or vice versa). How did you get used to that? :D

I don't care how often I use it, a "press and hold" function on any remote I've ever used will never become natural for me. Maybe it's my impatience, but I would tend not to hold long enough, or the signal would get interrupted, causing an undesirable action.

So, almost anything. :)

I've only had the H3 & the 52 remote since the 1st of the month. I'm happy with both. I've had dish for over 16 years and gone through so many devices, good and not so good.
I've made a number of wrong button presses (all during footfall games) where I hit recall instead of pause. This is actually only annoying because I'm usually still recording the game when I start watching it. This kicks me out and (because I'm still recording) I have to start at the beginning and fast forward through what I've already watched to get to where I screwed up. The only change that I'd suggest for the 52 remote would be to swap the mute and recall buttons. Since that isn't going to happen any time soon, I'll just have to learn to not push the recall button. These kinds of errors aren't limited to the 52 remote. I used to make nuisance errors with the 40 remotes, as did my wife (wait, I didn't say that).

Yes if the mute button was were the recall button was and vice a versa , we might end up with less errors. I often make mistakes when I am watching a dvr event and hit the recall by mistake. But when I hit recall again, I end up with the dvr event playing again where I left off. Seems that when the made the compact remote control they didn't quite think it out enough. The voice remote control is even shorter than the 52 remote control ,but I am not really interested in the voice remote and the horrible scratch pad part of the control.

I've got a Hopper 3 and two 4K Joeys. The Joeys came with the 40 remotes, the Hopper with the new 52 remote. Didn't like the 52, got Dish to send me a voice remote, the CSR ended up sending me 3 Voice remotes (long story.)

After thinking the voice remote was cool, at first, and having fun playing with voice commands, I realized it's just easier to push the single buttons on the 40, so I've ordered a 40 for my H3. I've got 3 brand new 50/voice remotes that will go in a box unless someone wants them.

I know I'm a month late but if those remotes are still just gathering dust, I'd love to take them off of your hands. After several attempts to get Dish to sip me a couple of 50's for my H3 and 4KJ, they want me to pony up the $30 for each one.

I know I'm a month late but if those remotes are still just gathering dust, I'd love to take them off of your hands. After several attempts to get Dish to sip me a couple of 50's for my H3 and 4KJ, they want me to pony up the $30 for each one.

I think I'm just going to hold on to them for now, just in case they come up with some functions/features etc. in the future that would make me wish I still had them. I had someone offer me some money for the 3 of them, but it would be just my luck I'd get rid of them, then Dish would do something amazing with them and I'd end up paying $90 for three more. ;)

I've had the 52.0 for a few months now. I much prefer the 40.0...i just ordered a 40.0 for $7.99 on eBay... I've just got one hopper 3 and its mated Joey... We seldom watch TV in bed so I'll get another 40.0 later...
I don't like clicking several buttons to do various things... And search then click '0' all at the bottom so I have to reposition the remote... Probably still will, but at least there's a STOP button

Sent from my XT1575 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I now have the 50 remote and very much like it. Voice is very convenient for a number of things, even for something as simple as changing channels. The arrangement of the recall and mute buttons is the same as the 52 remote, but since their placement on the remote is changed because of how you hold it, I haven't had the problem of pressing recall when I meant to press pause. As for long press as opposed to just pressing, get used to it. Many smartphone apps have incorporated long press into their lexicon, and its usage is increasing. Think of this as like pressing a shift/ctrl/alt/home key together with another key to perform an action on your computer. It's just something you learn to do, and once learned you no longer think about it. The alternative is a 400 character keyboard.

I don't care how often I use it, a "press and hold" function on any remote I've ever used will never become natural for me. Maybe it's my impatience, but I would tend not to hold long enough, or the signal would get interrupted, causing an undesirable action.

So, almost anything. :)

For anyone with arthritis in their hands, a "press and hold" operation can be uncomfortable.

On a computer, a "press, hold, and drag" operation quickly becomes very painful, mostly in the wrist.

Why is why I don't use a Mac...

For anyone with arthritis in their hands, a "press and hold" operation can be uncomfortable.

On a computer, a "press, hold, and drag" operation quickly becomes very painful, mostly in the wrist.

Why is why I don't use a Mac...
You don't have to hold it long, just long enough for it to go into fast forward. It's really not not longer than a second or so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)