Hopper 3 seek timers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Anybody know of a way to make seek timers prefer satellite channels over OTA channels? I have an antenna connected to my OTA adapter, but the signal is weak on most of my local channels and cuts in and out. If I set a seek timer for a show that's on one of the big 3 networks, it usually records off the OTA and the quality stinks, so I would prefer it to record the satellite signal instead.

If you have a seek timer and the program becomes active in the guide, delete the seek timer and set a new timer from the guide on the channel you want.

That would work if I was only trying to get the new episodes, but there are also re-runs on 2 or 3 other channels that I'm trying to catch up on. That's why I left it as a seek timer.

That would work if I was only trying to get the new episodes, but there are also re-runs on 2 or 3 other channels that I'm trying to catch up on. That's why I left it as a seek timer.

Well, just set up timers from the guide on any channels that you are concerned about when the program is active, or leave the seek timer active for picking up those other episodes. It's not as if the Hopper3 doesn't have enough resources. There are several PBS stations where I have duplicate timers to get new and old episodes. If i recall correctly duplicate episodes (not erased) will be skipped.