Hopper 3 software 350

Well i forcing 350 on H3 i attached too will report back if Amazon Video app problem is fixed or still there once it I had time to test it, though i not sure what version for Joey 4k should be when done

Reactions: charlesrshell
They skipped to 348 which was broken, dropped back to 343 then jumped to 349 for not very long and now 350
Dish hasn’t released a software version yet that isn’t broken. So sick of constantly having to do their beta testing and dealing with this Mickey Mouse crap. Awful company. Can’t wait for my contract to be up.

Amazon Video App, Gona go out limb and say it not fix cause this time it didnt even say lost server connections, like it would if it was gona autoplay the next episodes of show, or say that when back out to home page after watching a movie, cause it just went black screen and stayed there till I force the app close

and yet the problem only effects dish verison, cause version threw Roku is fine, the Roku verison of Netflix outputs DD fine threw Optical and Netflix threw Dish dont. and Roku version of Amazon video also dont have the lose of server connection issue, That and h3 dont have have these issue either apps, just the joey 4k does

Cause i can use the Roku verison of both and have no server connections issue with Amazon Video App. unlike with Dish verison and I can use Roku verison of netflix and actual get DD out of my Optical cable, but not threw dish verison. So obviously the issue isnt entirely Amazon or Netflix.

IF it was a amazon/netflix issue, why are the roku verison fine and problem i have with both amazon video and netflix on 4k joey dont happen on h3?

Please explain how it not dish fault there the one that make sure the app work with system in firstplace

and yet the problem only effects dish verison, cause version threw Roku is fine, the Roku verison of Netflix outputs DD fine threw Optical and Netflix threw Dish dont. and Roku version of Amazon video also dont have the lose of server connection issue, That and h3 dont have have these issue either apps, just the joey 4k does

Cause i can use the Roku verison of both and have no server connections issue with Amazon Video App. unlike with Dish verison and I can use Roku verison of netflix and actual get DD out of my Optical cable, but not threw dish verison. So obviously the issue isnt entirely Amazon or Netflix.

IF it was a amazon/netflix issue, why are the roku verison fine and problem i have with both amazon video and netflix on 4k joey dont happen on h3?

Please explain how it not dish fault there the one that make sure the app work with system in firstplace
It is up to Amazon to make their Prime app work with the Dish receiver software. They are not very good at that.

I'm going to say the same thing I've been saying since Dish started offering apps on Hoppers - they're glitchy and problematic. Always have been, always will be.
If you have a better way to watch those apps, the for crying out loud, stoop crying over something that will always be broken and use the way that's more dependable.

No matter what you watch it on, it's the same content on the same account.

Dish is not charging you for the apps. You get them as a gratuity for having a Hopper. Enjoy getting what you pay for and find a better way for the stuff you're not paying for

It is up to Amazon to make their Prime app work with the Dish receiver software. They are not very good at that.
As the supplier of Dish receiver software, would it make sense for Dish to pull the Prime Video app from the H3 until it can be shown to work as solidly as does Prime Video on Roku? Deploying apps as part of Dish-provided software that are apparently not ready does not reflect well upon Dish. I thought the whole point was to get people to stay in the Hopper environment and not have to switch inputs, such as to a Roku in order to watch Prime and Netflix. If the stuff's not ready, pull it until it is ready. But do not rely on subscribers to be beta testers. Having said that, I think I'll go check out Prime on my H350-enabled H3 to see how well it works. I really have not had reason to do so, since Roku has always just worked.

My wife and I use Netflix and Prime Video more than our other apps thru our Hopper 3 all the time and it works flawlessly. It is really nice using one remote control. My H3 is still on H343 and I hope H350 doesn't screw things up. When we use our Joey 4 both apps also work flawlessly too. I am not sure how my other Hopper 3 with the Plus attached performs because I rarely use it. I would say something else is causing your issues tsunami2311. Hope you get it ironed out.

The problem again dont happen on h3, it happen on joey 4k and those same apps work fine via my roku tv and even threw my consoles. the problem is simply on dish side.

The netflix problem i can ignore but the whole amazon video app wanting to show 1 maybe 2 shows/movies before autoplay stops on black screen, which new to 350 update, cause same issue where sever connections it lost cause if i mange to get to go back to amazon video home page interface it say exactly that server connections lost. The fact that that only happen on Joey 4k and Not H3 makes me thing it some dish has done. as this problem WAS fixed for months, but since 349 update this issue returned.

At this point I had all 4k joeys, switch/hubs and LNB + dish in my 2 h3 + 2 4k joey system, trying to fix other issues. so it not hardware but something dish has done

Only time i ever really force updates is when dish broke something in hope of them fixing it

Maybe it has something to with what is causing both 4k Joey have micro pauses in live tv, ( said micro pause is not there if i rewind to same spot), but if part that issue, why would amazon app have, then get fixed, then have issue again. Every time I notice issue with amazon app there was a new build

The problem again dont happen on h3, it happen on joey 4k and those same apps work fine via my roku tv and even threw my consoles. the problem is simply on dish side.

The netflix problem i can ignore but the whole amazon video app wanting to show 1 maybe 2 shows/movies before autoplay stops on black screen, which new to 350 update, cause same issue where sever connections it lost cause if i mange to get to go back to amazon video home page interface it say exactly that server connections lost. The fact that that only happen on Joey 4k and Not H3 makes me thing it some dish has done. as this problem WAS fixed for months, but since 349 update this issue returned.

At this point I had all 4k joeys, switch/hubs and LNB + dish in my 2 h3 + 2 4k joey system, trying to fix other issues. so it not hardware but something dish has done

Only time i ever really force updates is when dish broke something in hope of them fixing it
Have you tried to uninstall the apps in in your Joey 4 and reinstall?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts