Hopper 3 software 350

and no resting the amazon video app on joey 4k side does not fix this server connection lose been there done that, like said it was fixed in the build prior to 349/350 re broke it, as it was woring fine for 6+ month so on joey 4k till those update rebroke it

This all a side 350 seem to bug the ui in reguard to Skipback/Skip forward. 1 hit forward is 30s it show 1m now 2 hits forward is 1m but show 2min now same effect happens skipback too. Happens with 40 remote and 5x remote i have on Joey 4k work correctly on H3 go figure

I will gladly show videos/picture of amazon app issue and skip issue if, as they are not in my head they are happen

@update
Skip issue with UI seem happen on joey 4k only h3 play back fine, it is actual only skip 30s though, will post about amazon app server connection next time i use it

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
So ihad tech just leave, so take this how ever you will.

build 350 is not LIVE so he had no idea how anyone is even getting update.

As for Amazon Video app issues, he said it could H3, and seeing I had other issue on joeys 4k only he said it point to H3, Live TV skip/jump and if I rewind that said skip/jump is not there, along with the DVR fast foward and rewinding at somepoint resulted in black screen, require one to go back to live tv to fix He just replaced H3, and said IF new hopper 3 fix issues with joeys, call in to get other h3 replaced, IF it dont and he believes it wont, the problem is software, he has foward his notes mention software issues.

I will find out soon enough, but likely hood of 2 bad H3 being issue, seeing i told him skip/jump in live tv on joeys 4k where issue from day one , and even those were replaced

I have not seen any issues with the H350 software. Trick plays all appear to work and Amazon Prime is working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although trick play (30 sec skip forward and 10 sec skip back) is working correctly on both of my two Hopper3 receivers, there is a problem using trick play on my Joey3 client or when watching a program recorded on my remote Hopper3. When doing trick play on my Joey3 or remote Hopper3, skip forward does 30 sec and then 1 minute instead of just 30 sec. And skip back does 10 sec and then 20 sec instead of just 10 sec. It appears the action gets repeated twice when viewing on a remote device.
So there is a slight issue with the H350 software and J550 software. But I can live with trick play being doubled when watching a program from a remote hopper3.

I still would like to know what the H350 software addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note New h3 is on 343 build but joey 4k is still on j450, The issue with 30s skip skiping 30 but actual show 30s then 1m in ui is fixed. Will test Amazon app later tonight.

But yah 350 should not be live accord to tech sean, I talked to so he not sure about how some people are getting it less dish "beta" testing in certian regines or certian h3. My other hopper does not see 350 build update and it even has been reveted 343build, where it was 349 or what ever the update was after one the that pulled so it got reverted twice i know about.

Note New h3 is on 343 build but joey 4k is still on j450, The issue with 30s skip skiping 30 but actual show 30s then 1m in ui is fixed. Will test Amazon app later tonight.

But yah 350 should not be live accord to tech sean, I talked to so he not sure about how some people are getting it less dish "beta" testing in certian regines or certian h3. My other hopper does not see 350 build update and it even has been reveted 343build, where it was 349 or what ever the update was after one the that pulled so it got reverted twice i know about.
From what we've been told it's only going out to a small amount of receivers. But they aren't giving us any additional information wich is ridiculous. I do know they have a beta program that sends software updates only to employee receivers fir testing (or have in the past), so I'm not sure why they aren't doing that before releasing to the public.

Lack time or willing,

Tech said if replacing H3 dont fix issue I am having, there zero point in replace the other h3, and going threw hassle of transferring over 300+ records. Cause at point everything would replaced and the problem are software. and wrote reports stating this to that effect, for h3 343 build is what everyone should everone should be on according to him, anyone that got some new is getting test build dish probably testing in wided.

Tech I was talking to Sean, said Joey 4 WILL work with out the Hopper plus connected to h3, so he dont under stand why dish programed there system to only allow them only if Hopper plus is there too, but in his opinion it was done so they get more money out it. he also said there no technical reason he "knows" about keep me from getting 2 hopper plus so i could have 2 4k joeys replaced. but he dont know one that actual tried, and unless it on work order they cant even try. Tech also knew about this place, so he might lurk around here. that or the guy was just agree with me :coco

Seeing as now the New replaced H3 I attached too is now mirror the 343 on the other h3 and joey 4k I attached is no longer saying J450 mirror the correct J software for the 343build, I will start testing,
1. Amazon app issue
2. DVR/Live TV pause issue where fastwarding results in black screen lock at some point require going back to live tv to fix in live tv pause buffer situations the recording is lost,
3. The long stand issue where the Jeoy 4k all had random skip pauses from day one, rewinding the live tv show no skip. H3 never shown that happen less it recorded that way.

IF it fixed my issue great if not i guess i have no choice but to wait in hope they actual fix them, and 2 h3 system is very specific setup and tech that less likely to be fixed if software

Last edited: