Hopper 3 Software Issues

gasman882001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Houston, Tx
Just wanted to get some input from this wonderful site full of knowledge to decide what I should do or if other are having these same issues. I recently got a new roof on the house so needed a tech visit to put the dish back up on roof and repoint (I don't climb ladders anymore, wife orders :) ). While the Dish Tech was there I expressed my current software issues with the H3 reciever I have and this was their response.

Bluetooth Icon disappears from settings so cannot set up new headphones or speaker. My workaround, hit the red reset button on front of the receiver and icon shows up again. Next day, gone again. Dish tech response = Huh.

External HD will not connect or show in guide. Hit the red reset button on front of receiver and then about 2 minutes later it connects and everything works fine, watch shows from it, transfer new shows to it. Next day, does not work again. Dish tech response = Huh.

Network TV channels, at various times shows do not record properly. Only get last 5 minutes of show but the info guide shows the whole show was recorded (amount of time saved). If show is still on primetime (which I have turned on for all 4 networks, I can still watch from there if I catch before the 8 day delete) I do not currently have a fix for this so sometimes have to watch the show from Hulu. Dish tech response = yeah, I have this same issue at home, not sure how to fix. The Dish tech supervisor showed up and turned OFF primetime and said that would fix it. I said this "fix", now I guess I cannot watch any "new" shows on primetime that I may have missed setting up since not recording anymore. Guess I am out of luck on that one?

They did not replace my H3 stating that there was nothing wrong with it after they hooked up their phone/handheld device to the front USB connection on the receiver and ran some diagnostics on it.

Anyone have any thoughts if these things are software "bugs" or hardware issues with the H3?

thanks!

Network TV channels, at various times shows do not record properly. Only get last 5 minutes of show but the info guide shows the whole show was recorded (amount of time saved). If show is still on primetime (which I have turned on for all 4 networks, I can still watch from there if I catch before the 8 day delete) I do not currently have a fix for this so sometimes have to watch the show from Hulu. Dish tech response = yeah, I have this same issue at home, not sure how to fix. The Dish tech supervisor showed up and turned OFF primetime and said that would fix it. I said this "fix", now I guess I cannot watch any "new" shows on primetime that I may have missed setting up since not recording anymore. Guess I am out of luck on that one?

thanks!
Solution is don't use PTAT just use individual timers for each show.

If you need autohop just set PTAT for one day for a network you don't watch that day and only save for the minimum of two days.

Just wanted to get some input from this wonderful site full of knowledge to decide what I should do or if other are having these same issues. I recently got a new roof on the house so needed a tech visit to put the dish back up on roof and repoint (I don't climb ladders anymore, wife orders :) ). While the Dish Tech was there I expressed my current software issues with the H3 reciever I have and this was their response.

Bluetooth Icon disappears from settings so cannot set up new headphones or speaker. My workaround, hit the red reset button on front of the receiver and icon shows up again. Next day, gone again. Dish tech response = Huh.

External HD will not connect or show in guide. Hit the red reset button on front of receiver and then about 2 minutes later it connects and everything works fine, watch shows from it, transfer new shows to it. Next day, does not work again. Dish tech response = Huh.

They did not replace my H3 stating that there was nothing wrong with it after they hooked up their phone/handheld device to the front USB connection on the receiver and ran some diagnostics on it.

Anyone have any thoughts if these things are software "bugs" or hardware issues with the H3?

thanks!
I JUST posted the following on the Tech Portal regarding the CSR Experience and the lack of trouble shooting over the phone"

It used to be, if you had to call your provider, the menu prompts were like "If you'd like to sign up, press 1. For Billing, Press 2./ For TECHNICAL SUPPORT, press 3, and you would get a technician. Now, I think you just put your number in, wait 45 minutes and get a guy reading a computer.

Huh?? No wonder things are off