Hopper 3 Software Version Update

One other thing I've seen is the signal loss message when watching a recording, even though we never notice any signal loss. Also, we've had almost no rain recently.

So, my Hopper3 is still on U518. I have started to see some new (to me) odd behavior:

1. When watching recordings, sometimes the Hopper will skip to the end when playback reaches the 75-80% complete point. I can rewind to the place I had been watching prior to the big skip forward and finish watching the show, but that is annoying. This only seems to affect cable channels with commercials (and probably Dish-inserted commercials) like SyFy, AMC, etc. I have not seen this on locals or premium channel recordings.
2. In the DVR menu, when looking at a list of recordings of a particular show, the progress bar for partially-watched recordings will sometimes show 100% watched, even if I've only watched a few minutes. For those recordings, if I try to resume, it will resume at the end of the recording, and I have to rewind or start over to get back to where I had been watching.

My wife (who watches more on Dish than I do) is starting to complain about this, which tells me it is likely getting worse over time. I've done the whole pull-the-power-plug routine with to noticeable effect. Prior to U518, this did not happen.

Had the same problem with the OS that was on my HwS, which was one of many of the reasons I moved to an H3 and have seen it here pre U518.

When U518 initially installed the response to the remote became "unpredictable", mostly severely delayed in responding to any button push but also getting a page up in the guide when using the up arrow. An RBR fixed it then.
The same problems with the remote response occurred this weekend, again an RBR fixed the issue.
Using the 52 remote as my main one but decided to test my 40 and the slow response was still there.
I haven't seen any other problems but also haven't been watching many DVRed programs.

Any update on when Dish is going to fix the trick play problems that they broke for owners who have multiple Hopper3 receivers? I am still at software U517. I had hope when they did a partial release of U518 but that was a mess. I really miss being able to pause, rewind, stop, etc, a recording that I am playing from a remote hopper. It is frustrating for those of us who are power users. Scott said they would fix it but when? I know SOON!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Any update on when Dish is going to fix the trick play problems that they broke for owners who have multiple Hopper3 receivers? I am still at software U517. I had hope when they did a partial release of U518 but that was a mess. I really miss being able to pause, rewind, stop, etc, a recording that I am playing from a remote hopper. It is frustrating for those of us who are power users. Scott said they would fix it but when? I know SOON!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I hope pretty soon! :coco

Reactions: pattykay
Just got U521.

Mine was running U517 this morning and is set to update at 6:30am. This morning I fired it up at 8:15am and at 8:30am on the dot it did the update as if programmed to do so. Although for some and in the grand scheme of things this is a minor issue. Somewhat. This has happened on mine randomly at all times of the day no matter what the actual setting is and if a recording is being done. It chops it right in half. It seems that the software is not taking into account that recordings are being made before it takes off on it's merry way. BUT today I had my back to the TV and didn't see it come back up and when I realized that I was hearing anything or didn't think anything was happening and looked around with was updating. Once done I checked and it was U521, so I trust that the bugs that it had that made them pull it U518 "have been resolved" plus more now that the release is U521 and has been released to my lowly level? I am severely curious as to the release notes on this.

In all the update screens it says not to "disturb" the receiver. What if the receiver is "disturbing" me?! I guess I'll just go for more coffee . . .

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just got U521.

Mine was running U517 this morning and is set to update at 6:30am. This morning I fired it up at 8:15am and at 8:30am on the dot it did the update as if programmed to do so. Although for some and in the grand scheme of thing this is a minor issue. This has happened on mine randomly at all times of the day no matter what the actual setting is and if a recording is being done. It chops it right in half. It seems that the software is not taking into account that recording are being made before it takes off on it's merry way. BUT today I had my back to the TV and didn't see it come back up and when I realized that nothing was happening and looked around with was updating. Once done I checked and it was U521, so I trust that the bugs that it had that made them pull it U518 "have been resolved" plus more now that U521 has been released to my lowly level? I am severely curious as to the release notes on this.

In all the update screens it says not to "disturb" the receiver. What if the receiver is "disturbing" me?! I guess I'll just go for more coffee . . .
Read this thread for U521 release notes.
U521 software update

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)