Hopper 3 Software Version Update

Weird. Tonight the H3 had a new pop up telling me that the menus are now available in Spanish. Checked and I’m still on U517 so not sure why this new pop up appeared tonight.
You are in the Phoenix market. If I remember correctly, that is where Dish tests pop-ups like these, before rolling them out to the rest of the country.

Whoops, I just saw the two posts after yours, so there goes that theory.

Reactions: charlesrshell
...and the same thing just happened when I woke up the Wally. I think this pop-up is part of a reminder campaign aimed at helping Dish Latino subscribers, who may be considering switching providers because of the Univision dispute.

Reactions: bluegras
I was at a Hopper Duo TC (Bad remote) and her Joey was fine, but the Duo was in Spanish lol
Yes, if you are in a hurry and not paying attention, and just want to get rid of the pop-up, it is too easy to accidentally select "Yes." I almost did that when I turned on the Wally earlier. Good thing I caught myself and selected "No," or else my Wally would have to habla espanol. :biggrin

Reactions: HipKat
I got it last night for the first time as well. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Univision fight.
You and me both. :)
...and the same thing just happened when I woke up the Wally. I think this pop-up is part of a reminder campaign aimed at helping Dish Latino subscribers, who may be considering switching providers because of the Univision dispute.

Reactions: eddie willers
. . . Every software version in every modern device occasionally needs a reboot. That's just a fact of modern life.

For years I have done a "Pull the Plug" reboot every time I see that we have gotten or I forced an update. That's just a way of life . . .

I just got another software update pop up boxes. I'm still on U517. Seems to be happening on Sundays. Go figure.

Mine is set for 6:30am and I get pop ups at all hours of the day and night. Mostly when I first turn on/wake the box, then it wants to do it. NOT while it was asleep all night. U517 also.

So, my Hopper3 is still on U518. I have started to see some new (to me) odd behavior:

1. When watching recordings, sometimes the Hopper will skip to the end when playback reaches the 75-80% complete point. I can rewind to the place I had been watching prior to the big skip forward and finish watching the show, but that is annoying. This only seems to affect cable channels with commercials (and probably Dish-inserted commercials) like SyFy, AMC, etc. I have not seen this on locals or premium channel recordings.
2. In the DVR menu, when looking at a list of recordings of a particular show, the progress bar for partially-watched recordings will sometimes show 100% watched, even if I've only watched a few minutes. For those recordings, if I try to resume, it will resume at the end of the recording, and I have to rewind or start over to get back to where I had been watching.

My wife (who watches more on Dish than I do) is starting to complain about this, which tells me it is likely getting worse over time. I've done the whole pull-the-power-plug routine with to noticeable effect. Prior to U518, this did not happen.

Reactions: bspei
For me progress bar has been inconsistent for the past 2 or 3 software updates as well. There's no way to know where I might have stopped in a recording since it sometimes shows all of it as watched even though I might have just started it. It doesn't behave like it used to & is not to be depended on.

I agree with Peggy. The progress bar is unreliable and frequently shows 100% watched, when I have not watched the recording.

I have also experienced skip ahead jumping to the end of the program.

Also, sometimes when I select a show to watch, the HWS plays the wrong recording, then when I try it again, it works the second time. At times when I view the program information, it shows info for the wrong program. This seems to happen more when I use the swap button to switch between two tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts