Hopper 3 still not availble after calling 4 times in last 12 month

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

needhelp123

Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
Inside computer
Hopper 3 Not Available in my area

I've talked to four separate dish reps in last one year and all have some different excuse for not giving me Hopper 3.
First one told, it is for new customer, your number will come later...i am 8 year old customer who pays them every month lots of money, why would i stuck with such a company if i am not their priority.
Second customer rep said due to International package i can't get it.
And now today i called again after 6 month and told to remove the international package and get me Hopper 3, as i need upgrade. And they said 3 miles from my place it is ready but for my area is not!!!
That is straight BS, i live near a metro area, and if signal from geo stationary orbit is reaching 3 miles from my place then why not here!!! I guess it is their way to tell me "WE DON'T CARE".
Not sure why this would be an issue, since they can replace it with a new version LNBs, etc. My Sat Dish was installed on 2008, so it can't be that outdated, and if even it is then it is their responsibility to give me up-to date product if they are charging me such high fee for their service.
Can anyone help me out of this?

It is the international package that is the issue. Today, it is not available with the Hopper3. There is a new switch being tested that will make it available to you when it is released from testing. Give it a few months and when you see, here, that the 42 switch has been released, you can call back and get your Hopper 3.

DIRT won't (can't) tell you the whole truth either. As bobby said, it is the fact that you are looking at 4 sats (I presume you are WA looking at 110, 119, 129, and 118.7.). While Dish can TECHNICALLY make a 4 sat H3 install happen, they won't do it at this time becasue it would require a seperate reflector for the 4th sat. At H3 launch DIRT did allow such 4 sat, two reflector installs, but fairly soon STOPPED approving such installs with excuses like "Low Beam" "Not in your area" rarely citing the REAL reason, and yes, posters on here have neighbors who got an H3, but they were DENIED with "low beam" problem. This is a DISH policy, not the choice of DIRT.

Look, as stated in previous posts, there is a new switch coming that is now in real world installs in PR and, presumably, Dish is evaluating the performance of the new switch. The forthcoming DPH42 switch will easily provide for a 4th sat AND multiple H3 installs using only ONE reflector. That is the economy Dish wants to make 4th sat and multiple H3 installs possible.

Keep in mind that each person you talk to at Dish will often have a DIFFERENT reason for you denial. This is what happens when a company does not want the TRUTH to be known: confusion of WHY you are denied your install request. In the past, some posters here state that at first they were denied an H3 due to "low beam" but then discovered that Dish has incorrectly had them looking at a 4th sat in the Dish database. Once it was confirmed they were NOT looking at a 4th sat (Internationals), the "low beam" problem went away and they were approved. Remember 118.7 and 119 can be considered CO-LOCATED, so the "low Beam" makes no sense as an excuse. It is ALWAYS the Internationals that are the issue because the other 3 are needed/required by Dish or access to ALL CORE services.

Please have some patience, and keep checking on this forum because I don't think it will be too much longer. In fact, I'm willing to bet Dish will announce the DPH42 at Team Summit coming in a few months, I think. HANG IN THERE! They are many of us also wating for the DPH42 so that we can have 4th sat and/or two H3's. I really think it is a matter of only a few more months.

Best to you, and this will be resolved.

DIRT won't (can't) tell you the whole truth either. As bobby said, it is the fact that you are looking at 4 sats (I presume you are WA looking at 110, 119, 129, and 118.7.). While Dish can TECHNICALLY make a 4 sat H3 install happen, they won't do it at this time becasue it would require a seperate reflector for the 4th sat. At H3 launch DIRT did allow such 4 sat, two reflector installs, but fairly soon STOPPED approving such installs with excuses like "Low Beam" "Not in your area" rarely citing the REAL reason, and yes, posters on here have neighbors who got an H3, but they were DENIED with "low beam" problem. This is a DISH policy, not the choice of DIRT.

Look, as stated in previous posts, there is a new switch coming that is now in real world installs in PR and, presumably, Dish is evaluating the performance of the new switch. The forthcoming DPH42 switch will easily provide for a 4th sat AND multiple H3 installs using only ONE reflector. That is the economy Dish wants to make 4th sat and multiple H3 installs possible.

Keep in mind that each person you talk to at Dish will often have a DIFFERENT reason for you denial. This is what happens when a company does not want the TRUTH to be known: confusion of WHY you are denied your install request. In the past, some posters here state that at first they were denied an H3 due to "low beam" but then discovered that Dish has incorrectly had them looking at a 4th sat in the Dish database. Once it was confirmed they were NOT looking at a 4th sat (Internationals), the "low beam" problem went away and they were approved. Remember 118.7 and 119 can be considered CO-LOCATED, so the "low Beam" makes no sense as an excuse. It is ALWAYS the Internationals that are the issue because the other 3 are needed/required by Dish or access to ALL CORE services.

Please have some patience, and keep checking on this forum because I don't think it will be too much longer. In fact, I'm willing to bet Dish will announce the DPH42 at Team Summit coming in a few months, I think. HANG IN THERE! They are many of us also wating for the DPH42 so that we can have 4th sat and/or two H3's. I really think it is a matter of only a few more months.

Best to you, and this will be resolved.

I am willing to give up on international channels, if needed. It is anyways now accessible through dish anywhere on roku.

Hopper 3 Not Available in my area

I've talked to four separate dish reps in last one year and all have some different excuse for not giving me Hopper 3.
First one told, it is for new customer, your number will come later...i am 8 year old customer who pays them every month lots of money, why would i stuck with such a company if i am not their priority.
Second customer rep said due to International package i can't get it.
And now today i called again after 6 month and told to remove the international package and get me Hopper 3, as i need upgrade. And they said 3 miles from my place it is ready but for my area is not!!!
That is straight BS, i live near a metro area, and if signal from geo stationary orbit is reaching 3 miles from my place then why not here!!! I guess it is their way to tell me "WE DON'T CARE".
Not sure why this would be an issue, since they can replace it with a new version LNBs, etc. My Sat Dish was installed on 2008, so it can't be that outdated, and if even it is then it is their responsibility to give me up-to date product if they are charging me such high fee for their service.
Can anyone help me out of this?
When I decided to upgrade to the Hopper, I went through Facebook Private Messaging , but the agent told me that I had to call Dish in order to process the order and to tell them when I wanted the Hopper. The next months after we had the Hopper, it would just shut off for no reason. After so many Private Messages, I finally had one of the Agents ask for my Address, and when I could be at home. Believe it or not, I had the same tech, and he talked me into getting the Hopper 3, and he put in new wiring. Keep trying. Where do you live, BTW?

Tried to get the H3 here also, say i'm in a "low beam area", no Int. pkg, 1 dish on my roof, great signal #'s on all 3 sats ( WA here ) north west arkansas here, I dont know what to do need more tuners in my household.. DISH member lailas tried and tried to help me, even got me a free HWS to repl. my SJ... come on dish, even the tech that came to install my hws said its crazy why i couldnt have a H# with the great #'s i get even on my local HD... Grrrrrrrrrrr dammm you dish and DTV doesnt have anything equal to the H3 yet..

Pre-apology, I'm a newb with this same "low beam" issue & can't get any answers. How do I contact a "DIRT" (actually what is a DIRT)? Thanks!

:welcome

Welcome to SatGuys!

DIRT is what we call the official Dish Support folks who help folks via this site (and other sites as well). You can see which ones are online by going back to the Main Forum Listing Page and look on the left-hand side under the "Helpers Online Now" section. Their usernames will be in RED and have "@ Dish" in their name. To contact one of them, click on their name and click "Start a Conversation"

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tried to get the H3 here also, say i'm in a "low beam area", no Int. pkg, 1 dish on my roof, great signal #'s on all 3 sats ( WA here ) north west arkansas here, I dont know what to do need more tuners in my household.. DISH member lailas tried and tried to help me, even got me a free HWS to repl. my SJ... come on dish, even the tech that came to install my hws said its crazy why i couldnt have a H# with the great #'s i get even on my local HD... Grrrrrrrrrrr dammm you dish and DTV doesnt have anything equal to the H3 yet..
Have DIRT check the records and see if you have a wing dish on your account. That would prevent a H3 install.

Reactions: DWS44
Hey Voyager6 DIRT member LailaS tried everything, i have no internatioanl pkg, no wing dish, Tech that came and installed my 2nd HWS said that all my WA #'s were great. I'm at a loss at what to do...

Imo there shouldn't be any such thing as a low beam area. Those areas deemed as such should automatically be on the fast track to EA.

Also the dp42 seems like it fell off the radar. Seems Dish would make this a high priority to accommodate as many customers as possible.

Also the dp42 seems like it fell off the radar. Seems Dish would make this a high priority to accommodate as many customers as possible.

I'd guess the issue has to do with patent licensing. Probably is sitting on the shelf ready to go but can only "test" it until they negotiate a license with an entity that controls part of the technology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)