Hopper 3 terrible HD picture

But I am having this issue on every channel. Yet the 4k on demand downloads look great. Also all my old recording transfered from my Hopper 2 look terrible as well.

I am sure others have suggested trying new HDMI cables and a different HDMI port on the TV? Maybe the TV got damaged when the cable was changed.? Long shot.
Really need the tech out. Let is know solution in case others run into this.

I have tried 5 cables and all ports on the TV it is not that or the 4K on demand shows would also look terrible and they look fine. Cables would not cause this issue.

I hear ya. LOL

I just don't know what the issue is. My Hopper 2 with Sling picture looked fine. I have changed nothing in my setup other than bypassing my receiver because of the 4K Hopper 3 and the picture looks like it is stuck in 480i mode even though it is set to 4K, 1080p, 1080i on the Hopper 3.

I just don't know what the issue is. My Hopper 2 with Sling picture looked fine. I have changed nothing in my setup other than bypassing my receiver because of the 4K Hopper 3 and the picture looks like it is stuck in 480i mode even though it is set to 4K, 1080p, 1080i on the Hopper 3.
Can't wait for the final results.

I haven't read this thread that close. But anyway, have you tried another HDMI cable? I am sure you probably have. I would try out component cables just for giggles. You just never know.

To me it is acting like it is stuck in 480i or maybe something with the HD codecs the Hopper uses. The 4K picture quality seems fine though I have only tried the one free show offered on Dish. The Netflix app on the Hopper 3 is only HD when I tried it so I can even try 4K from Netflix. Nextflix and Amazon apps on my TV have very good 4K picture quality so I am very sure it is not the TV or the cables. Tried 2 Hopper 3 boxes and both have the same issue so I am running out of options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts