Hopper 3 terrible HD picture

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Then why do my lils still look like soft crap?

This thread has gone to la la land with claims that a GUI update made HDTV look better.

Like I said, if it's actually right it will come out, but I doubt we'll ever hear anything.

I already stated the two ways Dish can actually improve their HD PQ, not a pretty GUI.

Exactly.

I had a 622, a 722, a 722K, a H2000, a HWS (all on pro calibrated displays) and now an H3. Their PQ has not improved over time IMO to equal anything meaningful, if at all.

Now, I also don't think you should have a step back unless it's a new brand of chip, etc..., like when Directv tried the NXP chip. Seeing as this ia Broadcom still, I do not think that is it.

I agree. At one point I had a 722k and Hopper connected side by side in my show room and there was absolutely no difference in PQ even though everyone on here was claiming they thought the Hopper looked better. It's like a placebo affect. I never noticed a difference going from the 922 to the Hopper 1 to the Hopper 2 and then to the Hopper 3. The only think I noticed was the menu and guides looking better.

Close this thread, really?

The OP clearly has an issue as seen by a previously posted picture. It looks terrible. To not accept that and "shoot the messenger" is quit ridiculous.

So the problem may or may not be the H3 equipment, but a system issue. Isn't getting to and correcting the problem is what this forum is all about?

Threatening to close the thread and cheering for its demise is really shortsighted behavior. If the topic has run the course for you, you move on and don't denigrate and pollute the thread for doing what all threads here try to do, which is to help each other.

Sorry off my soapbox now... :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for trying but I think I am about done with trying to find help here. It just isn't something that can be fixed without seeing it in person.

In my opinion it's a matter of perception. Just like you've perceived my posts to be rude when actually I am trying to be very clear. That's it. IMHO this entire thread has been a huge waste of time.
Agree, It's one person, Maybe 2. Those are poor odds that an issue of that nature exist .

At least the issues I've posted were from several members, and those were also shrugged off, Now this one is of Importance?

The Large Black box on the screen after exiting an app or Menu that requires a random reboot IMO is significant compared to this isolated , possible non issue.

Maybe Sherman instead of that biased poll you started on Hopper 3 Owners, You start a Poll on how many seperate/ different issues one has.
That would be a Trouble shooting asset.

I can pick out a few frequently brought up issues.
Also most is tied to that UI, I've noticed many of the H3 issues happen on my HWS with the New UI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Close this thread, really?

The OP clearly has an issue as seen by a previously posted picture. It looks terrible. To not accept that and "shoot the messenger" is quit ridiculous.

So the problem may or may not be the H3 equipment, but a system issue. Isn't getting to and correcting the problem is what this forum is all about?

Threatening to close the thread and cheering for its demise is really shortsighted behavior. If the topic has run the course for you, you move on and don't denigrate and pollute the thread for doing what all threads here try to do, which is to help each other.

Sorry off my soapbox now... :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for trying but I think I am about done with trying to find help here. It just isn't something that can be fixed without seeing it in person.

I agree. There are no more suggestions to be had so now it is between you and Dish to get things right. Regardless of what you post in the way of pictures and so forth, I can't imagine any suggestion that hasn't already been tried by you and Dish except for not running a virgin coax from dish to H3.
Hope they get it to your satisfaction.

And since this thread has gotten to the pissing contest level, I think it is time to close it.

Agree, It's one person, Maybe 2. Those are poor odds that an issue of that nature exist .

At least the issues I've posted were from several members, and those were also shrugged off, Now this one is of Importance?

The Large Black box on the screen after exiting an app or Menu that requires a random reboot IMO is significant compared to this isolated , possible non issue.

Maybe Sherman instead of that biased poll you started on Hopper 3 Owners, You start a Poll on how many seperate/ different issues one has.
That would be a Trouble shooting asset.

I can pick out a few frequently brought up issues.
Also most is tied to that UI, I've noticed many of the H3 issues happen on my HWS with the New UI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think every issue is important enough to be posted on here so everyone can see if it's common or not and so that Dish can see it.

I guess with this PQ issue being so rare I find it intriguing and would like to know what's really going on, even if they really isn't anything wrong, just some kind of closure. Call me curious.

The reason I started the poll in the other thread was to show others visiting the site not to be scared away by the issues being posted. We all know that the majority of users here are the extreme users and will encounter more bugs than the average user. There's a good chance that the average user would encounter very few problems. My poll wasn't meant to be for troubleshooting. I can or anyone else can most certainly start a poll like that. Sounds like a useful one.

If you're problem ever does get resolved I hope you post about it here because I would love to know what the heck is going on. It would be great if Dish could hook up a HWS and Hopper 3 at the same time in your house to see if there is a difference.

If you're problem ever does get resolved I hope you post about it here because I would love to know what the heck is going on. It would be great if Dish could hook up a HWS and Hopper 3 at the same time in your house to see if there is a difference.
Me too. And I still wanna know what a fresh coax feed would impact.

Reactions: D. Manley
Me too. And I still wanna know what a fresh coax feed would impact.

I know when we would go on antenna service calls the first thing we would do is run a new cable directly from the antenna to the TV bypassing anything that could cause interference. When in doubt this may be the best thing to try.

I know when we would go on antenna service calls the first thing we would do is run a new cable directly from the antenna to the TV bypassing anything that could cause interference. When in doubt this may be the best thing to try.
I really do not understand why on all the tech visits that was never tried. I would have paid for the damn coax myself if I had to!

Can the H3 be connected directly to the LNB? Isn't the node (or whatever it's called now) required?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)