Hopper 3 U543 released

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I posted this early November: "I'm a year into my Directv contract so it's time to consider switching back to Dish. My biggest problem with the Hopper 3 was how it maintained the view history of recorded content. With Directv when you switch off of recorded content either by switching to another channel, switching to other recorded content or by turning the receiver off, when you return to the recorded content it starts at the spot you stopped watching or a couple of seconds before. With the Hopper, it never operated this way. It would either startup 5 - 10 seconds past the point you stopped watching or it appeared the recorded content continued to play all the way to the end. Then I would have to try to figure out where I left off. This could all be fixed easily in the software."

Has it been fixed with the software update?

I received the update the other night and my audio receiver won’t recognize my hopper and is buy passing the sound to direct . Kind of strange. Than again it downloaded on Friday the 13 .

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Amazon Prime Video is now available on Hopper 3!

A new software version has deployed to Hopper 3....
I used the software upgrade instructions on the Dish site

...https://my.dish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/settings/software...

but my Hooper 3 won’t download the new software. It says It already has the latest software — U542 :(

Is there another/better way to force the update?

Thanks in Advance

Well I'm officially scared. My 6am reboot just fired off at 7pm and I didn't catch it. So it continued on, but too long. So I looked and saw that new software was being installed and ran here. Ya! about adding Prime; Boo about HBO. At least it'll be easier for Grandma to use Netflix and Prime. And since the HBO thing, I won't have to return the new 4K TV I got her for Christmas so that we could get HBONOW that was removed from her 2015 Samsung. I originally was going to come here to see about the Black Screens and Audio Dropouts from 542 that are getting worse on both our H3's. But we'll have to see now (or not see) . . . Just Power Cycled and . . .

"HBO restricts its content through Prime Video Channels on this device."
"See devices you can watch on at amazon.com/primevideodevices." or HBO says FU to DISH. Oh Darn.

So my H3 updated to U543, and now my Closed Captions are screwed, I have issues with my hearing at times, so I use CC, but with Transparent background, because the Mrs. can hear perfectly if not better. anyhow it allows all changes like font color and size, but background opacity is set to 0% background (Transparent) and it still shows solid color same as Semi-Transparent. Just an FYI for those that use CC with transparent BG may want to avoid updating if they can.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I used the software upgrade instructions on the Dish site

...https://my.dish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/settings/software...

but my Hooper 3 won’t download the new software. It says It already has the latest software — U542 :(
Never-mind. I wasn’t expecting the process to include several attempts to startup at different scrren resolutions and then go to the standard “off” screen long before the new software was downloaded and installed.

The 2nd time I tried downloading the new software I just walked away and it eventually completed the task.

I'm going to have to get a copy of the KCH from the production co and watch it for real. "I'm so pissed about the audio right now, I'm going to stop typing . . . " ("IT SUCKS!!!!")

So my H3 updated to U543, and now my Closed Captions are screwed, I have issues with my hearing at times, so I use CC, but with Transparent background, because the Mrs. can hear perfectly if not better. anyhow it allows all changes like font color and size, but background opacity is set to 0% background (Transparent) and it still shows solid color same as Semi-Transparent. Just an FYI for those that use CC with transparent BG may want to avoid updating if they can.

It sounds like the new update is full of bugs. Hopefully I won't get it for a while. I use CC all the time due to my hearing loss. I also use a bluetooth device that sends the audio to my hearing aids. On another thread someone said Amazon Prime would not work with it correctly.

Captions have been messed up in some way since last Spring. I was able to work with engineering over the Summer to help them out with fixes and such but they stopped communicating with me months ago. TCM HD is still without captions on CC1

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell
I posted about this earlier but got no responses so I figured it was just me. Guess it isn't. The font size is my main problem and I followed the instructions on how to change it to no avail. My only option is to use the Fire Stick which makes adjustments quite easy.

Amazon Prime has it's own CC settings, but you have to go online to adjust them.
amazon.com/cc
It sounds like the new update is full of bugs. Hopefully I won't get it for a while. I use CC all the time due to my hearing loss. I also use a bluetooth device that sends the audio to my hearing aids. On another thread someone said Amazon Prime would not work with it correctly.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Worked for me. You have to highlight the cc in the lower right-hand corner of the screen when paused, then hit select for the options to come up.

I forced a software download this morning and everything is working. The CC is exactly as you said to do. My bluetooth device for my hearing aid is working also. I am watching Expanse right now.

Options/6 put it on normal or zoom
It's on normal. it appears that it was a problem with the broadcaster. Normally there are bars on the side but some of the shows I watch on Me TV were showing stretched. It's back to having bars on the side so I suspect it had something to do with the broadcast signal.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts