HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

I am looking forward to upgrading. I just had to replace a failed Hopper original. I will be going from 2 Hoppers to 1 and probably 3 joeys. I have the old joeys, so not sure if I will upgrade them to the newer ones. Not sure if it even makes sense, since they will not be 4k tvs. Maybe just for the newer hardware?

I'll be one wanting this new Hopper! I'm in the process of replacing a perfectly good Mitsi 73" DLP with a 4K set in the very near future and would love to have the ability to actually get some 4K video to go with it. And it could replace my current HWS + SuperJoey.

Hopefully I can make a good enough case to get it done soon.

Reactions: Tampa8 and Foxbat
Well wouldn't it be wise to call DIsh, put it on record you want the new hopper when released to be locked in NOW for the $12 fee vs waiting till then? I mean they are normally good to work with and with it on the account that you asked now would go a long way.

I'm going to upgrade one of mine but not the other, at least not right away since I prefer to have two hoppers in case of a failure of another so I can still watch something. I want that 4K for future TV upgrade soon.

Well wouldn't it be wise to call DIsh, put it on record you want the new hopper when released to be locked in NOW for the $12 fee vs waiting till then? I mean they are normally good to work with and with it on the account that you asked now would go a long way.

I'm going to upgrade one of mine but not the other, at least not right away since I prefer to have two hoppers in case of a failure of another so I can still watch something. I want that 4K for future TV upgrade soon.
Only one Hopper per H3 account, so if you upgraded to the H3, no other hoppers can be on the account.

This is very exciting news! I just bought a 4k tv so looking forward to upgrade to the new H3. I have had a 622 and 211 for the past million years =), wanted to get the 922 but kept waiting and waiting and now it seems as though my patience has finally paid off.

I would love to go through DIRT for this as I have never utilized them in the past. Thanks for letting us know Scott! Great work at CES by the way too, enjoyed your videos.

Man, I want this now!!!! Scott, do we think it will be soon or more towards the end of the month when they allow us to order?

Tuesday night I was already to upgrade and replace my 2 Hoppers and a Joey with a new Hopper 3 and 2 new Joeys. Now I sit here and wonder if I will, as it is nice not having a contract. :)

THIS... any tricks to getting locked in at the $12 fee for the long run, even after an H3 upgrade?

I can probably convince momma that we can share 16 tuners and 2 hard drives but the killer may be timers. I use around 75 and she has 50 or so. I keep mine year round to avoid missing restarts of series like It's Always Sunny ..... which restarted last night. So, how many timers?

I can probably convince momma that we can share 16 tuners and 2 hard drives but the killer may be timers. I use around 75 and she has 50 or so. I keep mine year round to avoid missing restarts of series like It's Always Sunny ..... which restarted last night. So, how many timers?
You would be better off with a His & Hers Hopper 3. ;)

Logically jumping from 3 to 16 tuners should require a 5X increase in allowed timers - but who knows?

Who needs 1000 timers, maybe 500?

Reactions: Stargazer
The Hopper 3 is worth the wait, and instead of the usual CES-announced-in-January-but-not-available-for-sale-until-the-Fall Press Release, this will be available when the poor Dish Technician will need to battle snow and ice to swap my EA Dish 1000.4. I could be nice and wait until April, but NAH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts