HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

If the 4K Joey is replacing a HWS, one should not have to pay an upgrade fee. It is actually , in my opinion, a downgrade. You lose more than you get.
The free replacement to that hopper would be a Joey2.0. You want pip and 4K, you have the option to pay to play. The H3 is the original upgrade that would be why this discussion is taking place and with that you get 16 tuners... More than an upgrade trade in...

I am hopping they announce the upgrade ability soon. have had my HWS for a year now and it with the super joey sometimes cuts off recordings.. Need a few more tuners and see what price we can workout!

I am hopping they announce the upgrade ability soon. have had my HWS for a year now and it with the super joey sometimes cuts off recordings.. Need a few more tuners and see what price we can workout!

You have the ability to find out now. The prices have already been announced.

When I upgrade to H3 next week, and DISH replaces my Joey 1.0s with the 2.0, which remote will be included? The 40.0 or the 52.0 remote?

I ask because I understand that the 52.0 remote ships with the H3, but is DISH going to make it a consistent experience with the Joeys by having them be operated by the 52.0 as well?

When I upgrade to H3 next week, and DISH replaces my Joey 1.0s with the 2.0, which remote will be included? The 40.0 or the 52.0 remote?

I ask because I understand that the 52.0 remote ships with the H3, but is DISH going to make it a consistent experience with the Joeys by having them be operated by the 52.0 as well?
My understanding is the Joey 2 should come with the 40.0 as it's not a new product. It's been out since 2014, just wasn't called the Joey 2 until recently.

My understanding is the Joey 2 should come with the 40.0 as it's not a new product. It's been out since 2014, just wasn't called the Joey 2 until recently.
Thanks DustNavy. I knew that the Joey 2.0 had been around since early 2014. I just thought that DISH maybe had manufactured a big shipment of Joey 2.0s, with the 52.0 remote included, and sat on them until the release of the Hopper 3.

I should mention that I signed up for DISH last May, and had Joey 1.0s installed. Why does the 2.0 require a "work order modification"? What was the purpose of the 2.0s, other than the faster processor, if they're not for a standard installation. Thanks.

You have a good point, it would be cool if they did that! You've got me curious now, hopefully it works out that way!

What's been said here a few times is that it will be the 40.0 at first, but will be transitioning to the 52.0 non touchpad remote. Seems as if they are phasing the 40.0.

I should mention that I signed up for DISH last May, and had Joey 1.0s installed. Why does the 2.0 require a "work order modification"? What was the purpose of the 2.0s, other than the faster processor, if they're not for a standard installation. Thanks.
You may already have a Joey 2. What software version does it have? Does it feel noticeably slower than the Hopper or kind of course?

Dish never indicated why they made the new model. Could be as simple as the old chipset from Broadcom was phased out of production.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

In a h3-1 Joey scenario....if there is cat5 in place between the hopper and Joey. Can the Joey be fed with cat5 directly off the hopper's Ethernet port?

That was my plan and why I had two HWS, but now I intend on having one HWS + the following and then getting an H3.

Amazon product ASIN B00KU686D2
81ImRe7JVsL._SL1500_.jpg
Is there not still a 2TB limit on EHD size?

You may already have a Joey 2. What software version does it have? Does it feel noticeably slower than the Hopper or kind of course?

Dish never indicated why they made the new model. Could be as simple as the old chipset from Broadcom was phased out of production.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
My Joey software version is S487. They seem just as fast as the Hopper, which led me to believe they could be the 2.0. However on my DISH account, under "My Equipment", the model is listed as Joey 1.0.

Is that an error on my account?

My Joey software version is S487. They seem just as fast as the Hopper, which led me to believe they could be the 2.0. However on my DISH account, under "My Equipment", the model is listed as Joey 1.0.

Is that an error on my account?
The Joey I have is the same way. Has S487, fast, but shows Joey 1.0 at MyDish.com.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)