HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Well problem is I have an old HDTV in the other room that has only one DVI input and component and composite. No HDMI. The one DVI input is taken up by the PS4 via HDMI-DVI cable. If it is like the old Joey, then no HD on the second TV.

That sucks. Looks like you know what to ask for for Christmas or your birthday, new TV!

Reactions: ralfyguy
A Joey 1 WILL work, however its slow... the reason I know this is because I have a Hopper 3 and all my Joeys (except for the 4K Joey) are 1st generation Joeys. :D

DISH does not have to upgrade people from Joey 1's to Joey 2's... they are doing it because they want their customers to have the best experience possible.

Sorry for the ignorance but does anybody know from this picture , what type of dish I have. The leftmost one is the new one. It has "Turbo" written on the front of it, and I'm curious if anyone can tell me if this is the correct dish/LNB to have for the H3??

Quick question: Upgrading 622/211 to an H3 and two 4k joey's, price currently is $7 DVR fee, plus $7 receiver fee. Upgrading would increase my price to $15 DVR fee, plus $14 receiver fees (for two 4K joeys) correct?

A Joey 1 WILL work, however its slow... the reason I know this is because I have a Hopper 3 and all my Joeys (except for the 4K Joey) are 1st generation Joeys. :D

DISH does not have to upgrade people from Joey 1's to Joey 2's... they are doing it because they want their customers to have the best experience possible.
I think great they are updating to joey 2. All my joey are 1.0, and always thought they had a problem when I got my wireless joey, it was so much faster. That is another reason I hope I will be able to upgrade.

Reactions: D. Manley

Sure seems that Dish is doing everything to make sure that techs and retailers know that they have to replace all Joey 1 receivers with Joey 2 receivers. They have stated it numerous times that all Hopper 3 installs require a Joey 2, Wireless Joey or 4k Joey. I know it can work but I don't see any techs allowing it. I'm not sure why anyone would want to keep a slow Joey 1 when they can get a faster Joey 2 anyway.

Sorry for the ignorance but does anybody know from this picture , what type of dish I have. The leftmost one is the new one. It has "Turbo" written on the front of it, and I'm curious if anyone can tell me if this is the correct dish/LNB to have for the H3??

Yes you Have a 1000.4 Eastern arc, and a Directv Slimline 5.

Unfortunately neither are compatible with the Hopper 3.

They would swap out your current dish for a 1000.2EA

And if you need the 77 they will have to install a wing dish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Looks like a 1000.4 EA, you'll need a 1000.2 EA

I decided to play CSR roulette again, got the same answer, something that needs to be worked out with the EA. Good news is that if you call them enough times, they will put you on a list to get emailed when the issue is worked out. We will see if I actually get an email, I am guessing it will be a few days.

Yet people are complaining about paying $150 to get almost all of there equipment swapped out by a tech. Hard to satisfy people now days.
I'm saving my complaints for when the raise the price on DVR services again.
And it's not like they are giving us this equipment to have, It's still leased.
They get it right back, and if they don't they charge the crap out of you and destroy your credit if you don't pay and fulfill 24 months of programming

Hardly free by any means.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

When I called mine in. I knew more than the CSR. Mostly because of this site. She said that to me as well. (4k Joeys),,
But I corrected her and she checked with a supervisor. Fixed it. Than she asked if I wanted a Super Joey and of course that does not work either. I got the impression they are a bit overwhelmed. Also it's all new tech. Good luck.

Dirt is saying I have to have all my joeys swapped for 4K joeys.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts