HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

After Hester returns the opening kickoff for a TD its not worth watching anymore.
I'll always remember that Super Bowl. I spent half the day in Havana looking for a restaurant that would carry the game & found a little restaurant that had a satellite dish & he obliged me by tuning to the game for me. I spent a lot of the time trying to explain the game to other patrons through a friend who translated for me. I think I left a few Peyton fans back there as they were cheering for him since I was.

Reactions: Foxbat
I guess Dish havn't educated the CSR's on live chat very much then with regards to the remote. This is the conversation i just had with them:

(ID: 6AB): As per checking, yes there will be a remote.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Martin Maclean: which one the black voice and touch screen one?
chatEndUserMessage.png
Martin Maclean: that is advertised on the website
(ID: 6AB): Yes both.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Martin Maclean: ok i mean the one for the hopper 3 though not the joeys
chatEndUserMessage.png
Martin Maclean: cool so ill be gettig the new remote with voice control
chatEndUserMessage.png
Martin Maclean: you are 100% certain of this?
(ID: 6AB): Yes, Martin.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Martin Maclean: cool thanks
(ID: 6AB): You're welcome.
(ID: 6AB): Thank you too.
(ID: 6AB): Do you have any concern?
chatEndUserMessage.png
Martin Maclean: will it be included in the price i dont have to pay extra for it
(ID: 6AB): Yes, it's included.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Martin Maclean: ok cool thankyou.

Well, the chrome is starting to delaminate a little. After all the discussions about Remotes and the Installer wanting to take the old ones, I hopped on to My.Dish.com to print out the page that shows that both ViP receivers are "Purchased" so nothing should be returning to Dish. Two things:
1) I had asked to have my mobile number added to allow the installer to text me with the appointment updates. When I logged in, I got a pop-up that said I needed to text "JOIN" to 34741 (DISH1) to verify the number. I tried to text "JOIN" to 34741 and I get a "Not Delivered" error.
2) While on my account, I happened to look at my Shipments. Well, it seems I have two packages going back to Dish! W-w-w-w-what?
Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 8.37.34 PM.png

I've asked my DIRT contact to clarify as I planned on keeping my receivers. I know they can't be used here with the new Dish, but I have enough old hardware that I plan on using the ViP 211 or 211k at my vacation home up north. The upgrade should not require the forfeiture of my owned receivers, right?

If people are getting the equipment from Dish, they're under contract. The only way to avoid a contract is to buy the equipment outright and install it themselves.
...or to buy the equipment and have Dish install it for a $50 "Custom Order Fee" (w/Protection Plan) like I did last year with my HWS/SJ setup.

Well, the chrome is starting to delaminate a little. After all the discussions about Remotes and the Installer wanting to take the old ones, I hopped on to My.Dish.com to print out the page that shows that both ViP receivers are "Purchased" so nothing should be returning to Dish. Two things:
1) I had asked to have my mobile number added to allow the installer to text me with the appointment updates. When I logged in, I got a pop-up that said I needed to text "JOIN" to 34741 (DISH1) to verify the number. I tried to text "JOIN" to 34741 and I get a "Not Delivered" error.
2) While on my account, I happened to look at my Shipments. Well, it seems I have two packages going back to Dish! W-w-w-w-what?
View attachment 113471
I've asked my DIRT contact to clarify as I planned on keeping my receivers. I know they can't be used here with the new Dish, but I have enough old hardware that I plan on using the ViP 211 or 211k at my vacation home up north. The upgrade should not require the forfeiture of my owned receivers, right?
I have that same issue on my account page. I have a leased 622 and an OWNED 722, yet it shows both going back to Dish. Not gonna happen, the 722 stays here. I went on chat and the CSR said not to worry about it. But I DO, because at some point there will be a bill for non returned equipment. The only proof that I bought it is a DOC file from 2007, which is a Invoice from DishDepot with Mark's email and the invoice number. I took a screenshot of the My Equipment page and hope that will be proof enough. They once before changed my 722 from owned to leased for some reason and it took me throwing a fit to get it changed back again.

Well, as Scott can attest, the ViP 722k came from him and Eva that one Holiday Party, so I would have no documentation (well, I suppose I could sic Scott on Dish) but the ViP 211k I just bought in November to replace the ViP 211 that died. I do have the invoice for that one.

But if Dish's site shows they're owned, I would think that should be good enough for the Installer.

Well, as Scott can attest, the ViP 722k came from him and Eva that one Holiday Party, so I would have no documentation (well, I suppose I could sic Scott on Dish) but the ViP 211k I just bought in November to replace the ViP 211 that died. I do have the invoice for that one.

But if Dish's site shows they're owned, I would think that should be good enough for the Installer.
If the installer wants to take it, I'll just show him that page.

Just went through Chat and had all details in then at the last second the CSR says it isn't available in my area and to check back in 2 weeks. I live in Seattle/Tacoma Washington area, hardly the outback, odd. I was on chat for probably 10 minutes getting ALL details setup. The CSR says when I check back and once it's available in my area all of the info they entered for the order should be there so I shouldn't have to go through all of that again.

So I chatted with another CSR tonight and here's what I get (BTW NONE of the order info I did yesterday was available in their system according to this CSR, lovely):

Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): We do apologize Wayne but as I checked it, your current satellite Dish is not compatible with Hopper 3 receiver.
chatAgent.png
Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): Sorry but the whole Dish is not compatible not just the LNBF.
chatAgent.png
Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): We will have a work around for this in the future but i do not have any time frames on when.
Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): Yes, it is available for all customers , it is just that it is not compatible with your current Satellite Dish.
Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): We really do apologize for that but we will send you an update once Hopper 3 is already available.
chatAgent.png
Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): Our team would personally monitor the account just to make sure that you would be getting an updates.

Although I am not on the list because I am not interested in a new contract, I am impressed with the fact the DiRT was able to go through the entire list already, and that people were able to get their upgrades installed over the weekend and some even on the same day. it looks like DiRT is back with a bang. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I agree. DiRT contacted me yesterday and I have an install scheduled for today. Guess we will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I chatted with another CSR tonight and here's what I get (BTW NONE of the order info I did yesterday was available in their system according to this CSR, lovely):

Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): We do apologize Wayne but as I checked it, your current satellite Dish is not compatible with Hopper 3 receiver.
chatAgent.png
Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): Sorry but the whole Dish is not compatible not just the LNBF.
chatAgent.png
Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): We will have a work around for this in the future but i do not have any time frames on when.
Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): Yes, it is available for all customers , it is just that it is not compatible with your current Satellite Dish.
Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): We really do apologize for that but we will send you an update once Hopper 3 is already available.
chatAgent.png
Jayme Rose (ID: 8A9): Our team would personally monitor the account just to make sure that you would be getting an updates.

I dont understand - I thought I read new posts from people getting new dishes if needed. I live north of you (Duvall) and was going to upgrade but bailed when they wanted $150.

chatAgent.png
chatAgent.png
chatAgent.png
Just wondering if you are on Eastern Arc and are trying to look at 4 orbital locations?

Although I am not on the list because I am not interested in a new contract, I am impressed with the fact the DiRT was able to go through the entire list already, and that people were able to get their upgrades installed over the weekend and some even on the same day. it looks like DiRT is back with a bang. :)

DIRT ROCKS! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts