HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The 1000.2 is still a current model. The installer should be swapping out your dish and shouldn't be an issue.

I appreciate your reply but I'm also looking for answers to my questions. Most likely you are correct that there "shouldn't be an issue" but I'm always worried about the "shouldn't" aspect of an install for a new product and the randomness of technician training. As such, I come here to learn as much as I can to ensure everything looks right. If you or anyone else can comment specifically to my questions; that would be great.

Thanks again.

I appreciate your reply but I'm also looking for answers to my questions. Most likely you are correct that there "shouldn't be an issue" but I'm always worried about the "shouldn't" aspect of an install for a new product and the randomness of technician training. As such, I come here to learn as much as I can to ensure everything looks right. If you or anyone else can comment specifically to my questions; that would be great.

Thanks again.

I did answer your question. The 1000.2 is the current dish antenna and it is the correct model for Hopper 3 installs. I can't say what the installer is going to do but he should be replacing the antenna and not trying to make your current one work. The reason I said should is because some installers prefer to be lazy and use what is there.

I did answer your question. The 1000.2 is the current dish antenna and it is the correct model for Hopper 3 installs. I can't say what the installer is going to do but he should be replacing the antenna and not trying to make your current one work. The reason I said should is because some installers prefer to be lazy and use what is there.

Again, thanks for the reply but i was also asking "How do I know for sure which dish I have? and Why does the hybrid LNB only work with 1000.2 if the 1000.4 is the latest model?" If the 1000.2 is the current dish perhaps you could also expand upon why I got what looks like a 1000.4 nine months ago.

Again, thanks for the reply but i was also asking "How do I know for sure which dish I have? and Why does the hybrid LNB only work with 1000.2 if the 1000.4 is the latest model?" If the 1000.2 is the current dish perhaps you could also expand upon why I got what looks like a 1000.4 nine months ago.
You got what ever the tech Had,
Or you get your locals off the 77.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I guess it would be correct to say that the 1000.2 and 1000.4 are current antennas. It can depend on your location. In my area there was a short period of time when we were required to no longer use the 1000.2 antenna and install the 1000.4 antenna. We were then told to stop using the 1000.4 and go back to using the 1000.2 antenna.

I can't remember if you can tell just by looking at the antenna since they usually just say Dish HD on them. The only difference I can remember from them was the 1000.4 mount and fine tuning screws on it and the 1000.2 did not.

The only thing I can think of for the LNB needing the 1000.2 would be the size of the dish.

No the plus dish is the largest, Don't remember the dimension off hand.
1.4K is next at I believe 22x28
I think 1000.2 is 20x25.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I think the 1000+ is approximately 24x31. I hope I get to keep my 1000+ dish when the new DPH42 switch comes out. Isn't bigger the better when it comes to dish size? ;) I know I get very little rain fade with my 1000+ dish and we get some big rain storms in the St Louis area. If my dish has to be changed out to a 1000.2 dish, am I allowed to keep my old dish?

All of Arizona's spot beams are on the western arc. I am sure that you have a 1000.2 dish already because that is what is normal for western arc. I am also western arc and when I had the hybrid LNB installed there was no issue with the existing dish. You can see what one it is by going to menu and point dish. It will have that information on the screen. Now the reason for 1000.2 only is because of the shape of the dish. The 1000.4 is a bit different and doesn't stream the signal from the dish to the LNB properly.

Reactions: charlesrshell
All of Arizona's spot beams are on the western arc. I am sure that you have a 1000.2 dish already because that is what is normal for western arc. I am also western arc and when I had the hybrid LNB installed there was no issue with the existing dish. You can see what one it is by going to menu and point dish. It will have that information on the screen. Now the reason for 1000.2 only is because of the shape of the dish. The 1000.4 is a bit different and doesn't stream the signal from the dish to the LNB properly.

Thanks! According to the set top, it looks like I have 1.2k dish. But I wonder how the box knows the exact dish? I can see it would know the LNB; but the dish? Or are there specific LNB's that only fit specific dishes? Looking at the dish, I would have thought it was a 1.4k as it seemed more oblong. Thanks again.

The LNB would be specific to the Dish, especially since the spacing between the "eyes" would be slightly different between WA (Western Arc) and EA (Eastern Arc)

At some point, you have to trust that the installer will use the right equipment.... If you question too much, the installer might decide that he has the wrong coaxial connectors or is missing the screws for the LNB and have your appointment rescheduled.

The current thinking is that the tv does ambettermjobmofmupscalingmthan do the up scaling players and AVRs. Btw, there is no "native resolution" on Dish receivers.

Also, the other thing is unless I put the format on "Stretch", in "Normal" for both 720p and 1080i/1080p, PQ makes no difference except there appears to be black bars on all 4 sides as basically "Normal" will make it only have a image on the center of the screen, so it takes up only 35% of the entire screen.

I forgot to ask a question about the External HD, can someone provide a quick tutorial on how to access the EHD to transfer the videos and also how to view the recordings on the EHD on the DISH Hopper 2K? Is everything there when I press the DVR button or would it require more than that? Thanks!

I'm in Az as well, and all of our spot beams are WA. You would be a very rare case to have a 1k.4 WA Dish. It was used for a very short amount of time and not sure it made its way here. Also, the reading you get off the box is the lnb which is specific to the Dish. That's why it will know what you have correctly. Your install should be easy and effortless especially if you currently have a Hopper system.

Not at all. But you should be aware that the Hopper 3 does not upscale to 4K, it will send that to the tv if the source material is 4K, otherwise it sends whatever you've set it to be and either the tv, AVR or up scaling bd player can do it depending on how you have them set up.
For instance, I have my Denon AVR set to pass through everything and let the tv do it. I tested letting the Denon do it, but it doesn't do as good a jobs site the tv itself does.

For me, I'm letting the Oppo BDP-105D do the upscaling to 4K since it has the Darbee Visual Processor and supposedly it does a better job than the tv's built in scaler. I wonder are there any 4K HDMI switches available as I have 3 HDMI 2.2 inputs but only use one now as everything goes through the Oppo except it can't take a 4K signal which is what the H3 will output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)