Hopper 3 wait time

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
What's the it time these days for a Hopper 3 setup? Currently have 3 x 722s , 1 x 612 feeding 6 TVs.
Starting to think about replacing with a H3 5J setup. Do I get to choose whether I want some wireless vs wired joeys?

What's the it time these days for a Hopper 3 setup? Currently have 3 x 722s , 1 x 612 feeding 6 TVs.
Starting to think about replacing with a H3 5J setup. Do I get to choose whether I want some wireless vs wired joeys?
I was offered Next day install.
I called on Thursday, CSR offer Friday Noon -5
But because of my schedule I had to make my appointment for this afternoon.

I'm upgrading from 2 Hoppers with sling and 2 Joeys.
To the Hopper 3, and they have 3 Joeys on the work order.

But I don't think there is any waiting lists in my area for Hopper 3s.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

As far as picking Joeys, I'm sure you can , but there might be some type of extra upgrade fee with wireless joeys.

I have to ask, How much do you pay in Monthly fees on 3 722, and 612?
$51 a month?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

As far as picking Joeys, I'm sure you can , but their might be some type of extra fee.

$51 a month?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
A few have reported they do, but most haven't.

As far as picking Joeys, I'm sure you can , but there might be some type of extra upgrade fee with wireless joeys.

$51 a month?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
$44. First 722 no charge. $17, $17, 10

Reactions: Troch77
Talked to the Rep, when I called in to get my 722 replaced. H3 , 5J no upfront cost for me. Didn't ask about the type of joeys. I have wires run to all my TVs now. Will have to check the H3 wiring diagrams and see if what's in place will work for me. Don't want an installer drilling new holes, etc..

I would think you could choose what Joeys you wish for. You might consider a couple 4k Joeys to future proof for any 4k TVs down the road. It has been posted they also work faster than Joey 2s. There also is a $50 charge for each 4k Joey.

Correct, so $51 as you stated w/ the DVR fee.
Well the H3 and 5 Joeys as of now is ,
$15 DVR fee, $35 for 5 Joeys.
$50
So no worries there if your already paying $51.

But I have a feeling Dish is going to start charging an additional $7 on the first room of service.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well the H3 and 5 Joeys as of now is ,
$15 DVR fee, $35 for 5 Joeys.
$50
So no worries there if your already paying $51.

But I have a feeling Dish is going to start charging an additional $7 on the first room of service.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Yeah, my bill would pretty much stay the same. $7 extra per room would suck. I've been a Dish customer for several yrs. Would seriously consider a switch, if that ever happened.

I hated the 52 when it arrived. Took a month to not hate it....
The kids are already bitching about them, and we don't even have then yet.
I might keep one 40.0, but I already have a brand new one in my closet.

I have some other Dish parts to sell as well soon.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yeah, my bill would pretty much stay the same. $7 extra per room would suck. I've been a Dish customer for several yrs. Would seriously consider switch, if that ever happened.
Yep, that would suck, I'm hoping it will be a new customer thing if it does happen.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yeah, my bill would pretty much stay the same. $7 extra per room would suck. I've been a Dish customer for several yrs. Would seriously consider switch, if that ever happened.
You are already paying $7 per room everything but the first room. the only change would be adding the $7 for the first room. All of that is speculative thinking based on a new line of info on the billing. I wouldn't count on it ever happening.

Talked to the Rep, when I called in to get my 722 replaced. H3 , 5J no upfront cost for me. Didn't ask about the type of joeys. I have wires run to all my TVs now. Will have to check the H3 wiring diagrams and see if what's in place will work for me. Don't want an installer drilling new holes, etc..
Mine will be a simple swap, he'll just have to do the dish, because I have a 1.4k and change node for a hub.

My EA2 dish is now on my camper. lol

But he'll have more then enough wiring.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yeah, my bill would pretty much stay the same. $7 extra per room would suck. I've been a Dish customer for several yrs. Would seriously consider a switch, if that ever happened.

Well, I've been a DISH customer for two days now. Love the Hopper 3 and a single Joey 2 in my RV. Had to buy all my equipment since DISH won't lease to RVers. It was a BIG surprise when after I subscribed to the America's Top 200. No promotional pricing of $39.99 a month for a year) - in an RV, it's full strength at $79.99, BUT THE BIG SURPRISE was the $15 DVR fee for the Hopper PLUS $7 for the Joey. I don't mind paying it, but I did mind it being a surprise.

Oh well. I recall paying something like this when I was a DirecTV customer too, so this isn't unique!

At any rate, I'm glad to be on the Hopper 3! Cheers, guys! Gene

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)