Hopper 3 with VIP reciever

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
Can you have VIP receivers with the Hopper 3?

I currently have 2 HWS and 2 Joey setup. I added a DPP44 switch last year so I could add my VIP 211z receiver from my tailgater. Is the DPP44 compatiable with the Hopper 3 setup so I can keep my 211z hooked up?

I mainly have this setup so I can keep the 211z active and hopefully avoid calling Dish every time I want to use it.

So does the Hopper 3 require a completely new Dish on the roof? If so, would the installers leave the current Dish if requested so I can keep it hooked up to the 211z?
It depends upon the existing dish. H3 requires a 1000.2 dish with a hybrid lnb. At a minimum the installer will add the lnb hybrid. The second dish would be a home run from the second dish to the 211.

Hmmm. A DPP44 with a HwS set up, I was told no that they don't work with the nodes and you couldn't the DP44 when my install was done and I lost my two dish set up. I now have rain and snow fade that I never had before. Guess the installer that said he was a trainer, didn't know what he was talking about.

mfoster711, if you are willing to wait (hopefully) a few weeks you should be able to add a DPH42 switch to the mix and keep a single dish. But we don't know what uses the of the new switch will be officially supported yet.

Hmmm. A DPP44 with a HwS set up, I was told no that they don't work with the nodes and you couldn't the DP44 when my install was done and I lost my two dish set up. I now have rain and snow fade that I never had before. Guess the installer that said he was a trainer, didn't know what he was talking about.
The DPP44 is completely compatible with the H2 and below. That's how folks with 3 or more Hoppers get to use theirs.

The DPP44 is completely compatible with the H2 and below. That's how folks with 3 or more Hoppers get to use theirs.

Well I was told no way it did not work with the Duo-Nodes and they took it. And there went my two dish set up. But since I have had to have several "realignments" for snow and rain fade, none with the two dish set up, the last tech that did the alignment agreed with me that the 1k2 was too small to effectively grab three birds as well as the 1k4, which I was hoping, through rumors, that they were swapping over to 1k4's. We all know how that worked out. Several techs have said you end up kinda sacrificing better signal from one of the end birds. But the small amount of added materials that the 1k4's require is not cost effective, which I was told by a once great and now gone Field Supervisor. So the tech ran me a jumper from the LNB and told me, which I already knew and was busting at the seams to keep my mouth shut, about how to hook up my still standing 129 dish and cover the 129 horn. So that fixes that. But it would have saved me trouble and several service calls.