Hopper 3

My Hopper 3 has started blinking off and on it does it on live tv and recording any body know what it could be
I changed the HDMI cable that did not fix it

I would try to find another small HDTV and see if that one works. If it does, then this argues for a problem with your TV. If it blinks on and off like your other TV, then this argues for the Hopper.

That said, I have never suffered this symptom with any of my Dish receivers over decades. The only thing even slightly like that is when I switch to a 4K program on my H3, the picture goes away and I see "No Signal" on the screen. This happens 100% of the time and I can fix it by unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in again. There seems to be some compatability problem between the H3 and my 4K TV. :( But that isn't blinking.

It's a software issue. A few guys have complained about it on the Dish Tech portal

Blinking issues with Hopper system
Forum guidelines
Post a reply

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Blinking issues with Hopper system
Postby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:16 pm
Replaced a Hopper 3 today because of a continuous blinking issues through the system. Blinking happens through joeys as well. Tried replacing hdmi cable, changed to different hdmi ports on the tv and even updated the software since it was still set back to August. Still didn’t help so replaced it. Got another call from a customer having the same issue. Also it’s happening at my house as well. All the receivers having the issues are the Hopper 3 system. Any suggestions so we’re not just replacing receivers all the time.
Re: Blinking issues with Hopper system
Postby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:00 am
Thought I was the only one having this issue. My hop 3 blinking as well. Started after latest software update. Even had receiver replaced. Still there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts