Hopper 3s updated to U507

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Something weird now with the "DVR-Recordings" page on my two Hopper 3s after the U507 update

#1 Hopper 3:
  • On my #1 Hopper 3, the "DVR-Recordings" page shows the recordings for that Hopper
  • I select my #2 Hopper 3 on the "Sources" pop-up to view its contents.
  • #2 Hopper 3 is indicated on the "DVR-Recordings" page and its contents displayed.
  • Exit out of DVR-Recordings page.
  • Go back to DVR-Recordings page.
  • #1 Hopper 3 is indicated on the "DVR-Recordings" page but the contents displayed are still from my #2 Hopper 3 (confusing).
  • "Sources" pop-up indicates that my #2 Hopper 3 is still selected.
  • I have to select my #1 Hopper 3 on the "Sources" pop-up to view it's contents.
#2 Hopper 3:
  • On my #2 Hopper 3, the "DVR-Recordings" page shows the recordings for that Hopper
  • I select my #1 Hopper 3 on the "Sources" pop-up to view its contents.
  • #1 Hopper 3 is indicated on the "DVR-Recordings" page and its contents displayed.
  • #2 Hopper 3 is indicated on the "DVR-Recordings" page but the contents displayed are still from my #1 Hopper 3 (confusing).
  • "Sources" pop-up indicates that my #1 Hopper 3 is still selected.
  • I have to select my #2 Hopper 3 on the "Sources" pop-up to view it's contents.
Anyone else with two Hopper 3s seeing this?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Something weird now with the "DVR-Recordings" page on my two Hopper 3s after the U507 update

#1 Hopper 3:
  • On my #1 Hopper 3, the "DVR-Recordings" page shows the recordings for that Hopper
  • #2 Hopper 3 is indicated on the "DVR-Recordings" page and its contents displayed.
  • #1 Hopper 3 is indicated on the "DVR-Recordings" page but the contents displayed are still from my #2 Hopper 3 (confusing).
  • I have to select my #1 Hopper 3 on the "Sources" pop-up to view it's contents.
#2 Hopper 3:
  • On my #2 Hopper 3, the "DVR-Recordings" page shows the recordings for that Hopper
  • #1 Hopper 3 is indicated on the "DVR-Recordings" page and its contents displayed.
  • #2 Hopper 3 is indicated on the "DVR-Recordings" page but the contents displayed are still from my #1 Hopper 3 (confusing).
  • I have to select my #2 Hopper 3 on the "Sources" pop-up to view it's contents.

Yes, seeing that here too. It's been this way for the last couple of updates. I reported it when I first noticed it but the more reports they get the better chance that they'll fix it. :)

#1 Hopper 3:
#2 Hopper 3:
Seeing same thing for me too on my two H3s..

Reactions: rjruby
I think the resume while still recording is working too, but I want to test it some more. This will be a miracle if fixed.
I think the pause while recording and then resume after the recording is complete issue is fixed now. Tested it twice. I am so happy happy. Anyone else notice if it is fixed too?

I think the pause while recording and then resume after the recording is complete issue is fixed now. Tested it twice. I am so happy happy. Anyone else notice if it is fixed too?

Not sure about while recording but even already recorded material wouldn't resume where left off on one of the recent updates. Its working normal now.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Heads up - after my U507 upgrade serial ports didn't work and I had flashbacks of a year or so ago when an upgrade trashed the MBR on two EHDs. A pull of the power plug, count to 20 and both drives now recognized as being plugged in and unplugged.

Heads up - after my U507 upgrade serial ports didn't work and I had flashbacks of a year or so ago when an upgrade trashed the MBR on two EHDs. A pull of the power plug, count to 20 and both drives now recognized as being plugged in and unplugged.

I think you mean the USB ports. My external hard drives and my USB OTA tuners all had no problems after upgrading to U507.

I think you mean the USB ports. My external hard drives and my USB OTA tuners all had no problems after upgrading to U507.

True that. I remember serial ports before the "universal" serial buss (CPM and dumb terminal days), and trust me I'd never want to go back.

Now if I could buy a modern laptop with a 9-pin RS-232 port on it my life would be easier. Those USB-to-serial adapters just suck.

The vast majority of Cisco hardware more than 2 years old require a serial port to perform initial configuration and most troubleshooting.

I always kept late a 90's laptop with DB-15 around to configure Cisco hardware. The USB to Serial adapters (Paradise?) rarely worked after Windows 7, and the FTDI chips don't always work. RS-232 voltages are high enough I guess it's hard to replicate from +5v USB. I program all my ham gear with a genuine DB-15 serial cable hooked to an old Thinkpad docking station.

Having said that, I still recommend folks not keep their EHDs plugged in unless they're using them - in my painful personal experience, upgrades are not fully vetted before release.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)