Hopper 4 (may be called Hopper X)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope not, ONE of the reasons I am keeping Dish is because of my data cap from Xfinity - the 2TB DVR and live programming is key in me consuming content and NOT using data. Of course, if I were to cancel Dish I could use that money saved and upgrade to the 30/month unlimited plan but then when there is an outage, I would only have OTA content to watch instead of Dish and OTA. Admittedly, outages are rare (last one was May 2020) and it has improved in my area significantly - yes, when there is rain/signal loss I can't watch live programming but at least I can watch DVR recordings and rain outages don't last long and Dark Sky is much better indicator of when I can expect my service to come back than COMCAST ETA alerts.
IF the faster internet speeds come to rural as planned (I know, don't hold your breath; it may take longer than we think), then I could see Dish going the cheaper route of 4K via Sling TV. However, as you pointed out, the datacaps are a different story. At this point with Dish being a shrinking business, I don't see Dish caring too much about people with low datacaps.

On the positive side, I think this new Admininstartion is going to be far more demanding of ISP's than the previous Administration. So, we could see some realy action on datacaps, which is a BS limitation, and if you don't think so, I invite you to research that. On the other hand, SPEED, is a ligitimate attribute for limits in a tier pricing model.

Bottom line, I really do think datacaps are going to be a big issue with the new FCC, and I would not be suprised to see the FCC put ISP's back under Title II, where it belongs. And I hope the new FCC will greater push to serve rural areas with adequate speed.

Where I live, only ONE sufficiently speedy option is available to me at 200mps down for $73+change per month (and they keep trying to entice me to upgrade to 400mbs for like for over $100 per month). That's the ONLY (lowest) price/plan offered; it is their "Base" or "Standard". I would like the option of say, a 30mps down for $30.00 per month (I'm just throwing out numbers) or some sort of tiers that each of us can choose that fit our needs. I (and I think the vast majority of households) do NOT NEED 200mbps. I am certain I can do well with between 30-50mpbs at a lower price becasue of multiple accounts/users on the net streaming HD content at the same time. And many single or two person households can get by with 10-20mps at an even lower price. But we shall have to wait and see what the new FCC really does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)