Coming back

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Well, crodrules has just about convinced me to come back to Dish for the Locals Only Package.

When I last had Dish, I used a Wally connected to one output of the DPP dish on the roof of my 4-plex. My neighbor is using the other line which is connected to a Hybrid Solo Hub.

Would I be able to use a Hopper Duo with this dish? If so do I need a hub?

Well, crodrules has just about convinced me to come back to Dish for the Locals Only Package.

When I last had Dish, I used a Wally connected to one output of the DPP dish on the roof of my 4-plex. My neighbor is using the other line which is connected to a Hybrid Solo Hub.

Would I be able to use a Hopper Duo with this dish? If so do I need a hub?
Uhhhhh, wait....wut!!????

It makes perfect sense, if the neighbor also happens to have a Hopper Duo.
Ahh, Hopper Duo. Yeah, I think you CAN use one of the other outputs for a Wally. On a Hybrid LNBF, the Duo kills the signal out on the 2nd port, as a Hopper 3 does. Not sure on a DPP though

FE59D253-473A-413E-9B97-212BC599AC21.jpeg

0987CD76-0F6C-4406-86E9-5085446A6219.jpeg

Is that the same LNBF that was on the dish when you were using the Wally? The Hopper Duo connects to the LNBF the same way that a Wally does. Think of the old ViP Duo receivers, which needed a separator attached to the back of the receiver, for the two satellite inputs. With both the Wally and the Hopper Duo, that separator is built inside the receiver. This means that only one cable is needed in order to connect either model to the LNB.

Reactions: TheKrell
This is a photo of the dish and LNB that were up there when I had a Wally connected. Will climb up there later today and see if anything's changed since then.

View attachment 149716
If it's the same, you should be OK< but the first pic, maybe it's deceiving as it is, but it looks like a Slimline DPH LNBF

Wouldn't Dish do a fresh install?
I recommended as much, in my private conversation with comfortably_numb.

I don't want a contract.
If you open the account with a purchased receiver, there wouldn't be a contract. The contract is for a leased receiver. Dish may try to stick you with a leased receiver, but you can refuse that receiver when the installer arrives, and use your own instead. Like I said, I went through exactly the same thing setting up my sister's account last year, with a purchased Wally and Welcome Pack.

Reactions: HipKat
Yep, it's hybrid. The neighbor's Duo is killing the signal output on port 2
Is it just because it is hooked up through a Hybrid Hub? I thought for sure there was a way to connect two HWS to a Hybrid LNB by using Hybrid Hubs. I don't know why Hopper Duo would be any different, since the Duo has even fewer tuners. I thought it was only the Hopper 3 that kills the second output, since all 16 tuners would be in use at that point.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts