"Never quit.
Though your lungs may burn
And you're short of breath.
For quitting, my friend,
Is a fate worse than death!"

-quote attributed to Smoker's Digest.
AMEN to the Hopper 3.

Reactions: ewindowman
IF the faster internet speeds come to rural as planned (I know, don't hold your breath; it may take longer than we think), then I could see Dish going the cheaper route of 4K via Sling TV. However, as you pointed out, the datacaps are a different story. At this point with Dish being a shrinking business, I don't see Dish caring too much about people with low datacaps.

On the positive side, I think this new Admininstartion is going to be far more demanding of ISP's than the previous Administration. So, we could see some realy action on datacaps, which is a BS limitation, and if you don't think so, I invite you to research that. On the other hand, SPEED, is a ligitimate attribute for limits in a tier pricing model.

Bottom line, I really do think datacaps are going to be a big issue with the new FCC, and I would not be suprised to see the FCC put ISP's back under Title II, where it belongs. And I hope the new FCC will greater push to serve rural areas with adequate speed.

Where I live, only ONE sufficiently speedy option is available to me at 200mps down for $73+change per month (and they keep trying to entice me to upgrade to 400mbs for like for over $100 per month). That's the ONLY (lowest) price/plan offered; it is their "Base" or "Standard". I would like the option of say, a 30mps down for $30.00 per month (I'm just throwing out numbers) or some sort of tiers that each of us can choose that fit our needs. I (and I think the vast majority of households) do NOT NEED 200mbps. I am certain I can do well with between 30-50mpbs at a lower price becasue of multiple accounts/users on the net streaming HD content at the same time. And many single or two person households can get by with 10-20mps at an even lower price. But we shall have to wait and see what the new FCC really does.

Me three and I only have a HWS, but I ain't goin nowhere.

Reactions: charlesrshell