Hopper 40.0 UHF Remote

DrDecay

Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
United States
I am trying to program my new Hopper remote (model 40.0 UHF) to my Denon AVR-3801 receiver. I am trying to program it in AUX mode. I have tried all the codes. The only function that works is turning the Denon OFF. Can't turn it on, can't do volume, can't do MUTE. I remember the last upgrade I received from Dish... They told me the remote couldn't be programmed for my Denon. I found a way via their own manual! Today, the Dish support told me the remote is too new and they don't have codes to control any AV receivers! This is 2012, remotes should be automatic! Any help here?

Tried that, didn't work. It learned the functions evidently, according to the blinks. But it could still not function. Dish says the 40.0 UHF remote is too new to have AV Receiver functional codes.

My 40.0 controls my Denon AVR-1705 just fine. Have you scrolled through all the codes when programming the remote.

As long as the Denon uses infrared it can be programmed using the learning mode. If it didn't work for you then keep trying.. Just remember that it will only hold a limited amount of commands. If you keep learning new commands, it will overwrite earlier ones. But I haven't found a Denon yet that it wouldn't control by just programming the code the normal way.

Works fine with my Denon 4802. I know that doesn't help you, but I bet there's a way, assuming the remote isn't defective. Keep trying!

It sounds to me like your remote is simply in Limited mode. If power works, then you have the right code. You also need to set up volume punch thru. Your denon uses a very common code, and they haven't changed in years, so I think whoever told you the 40 didn't have the newer codes is clueless.

I am having same issue with my 40.0 and Denon AVR 1315. These are not isolated events as I see several people having issues with Denon and the 40.0. My system was installed 9/25. Step up Dish!

Any help/solution on this? I also can't get the 40.0 remote to work with my Denon, even with the lookup function on the Hopper (AVR-1912 is listed). It will only turn the Denon off, nothing else. All my other Dish remotes have worked with my Denon Receivers.
Thanks!

Agree. Denon is usually easy, one of my AVR1910's is controlled via the Hopper remote. Setup using the remote manager on screen, works like a champ, at least for power and volume (all I care about).

I have a Denon 1909 and a 2312. I used code 1361 for both and it works great. Give that a try.

Is it in limited mode?
How do you tell ? How do you change it, if so ? My Hopper (just installed Saturday) controls the TV's on/off and volume but I want/need one add'l function: Change TV inputs

The tech used the remote wizard and just selected "Toshiba" (which worked for basic functions). Later, I went down to the model (and it was listed !) but no difference.

How do you tell ? How do you change it, if so ? My Hopper (just installed Saturday) controls the TV's on/off and volume but I want/need one add'l function: Change TV inputs

The tech used the remote wizard and just selected "Toshiba" (which worked for basic functions). Later, I went down to the model (and it was listed !) but no difference.

Go to the remote manager and choose Limited Mode on the right side and disable.

D'oh ! I'm not at home but I didn't think it would be that simple ! I was expecting it to be some "press and hold SAT button until 4 flashes, release, key in some random sequence...", etc, etc in order to disable that mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)