Hopper and Joey on same TV?

emgoodman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Appologies if this has been asked and answered. Tried to read through all the posts but..

I called and set up what hoped would be a 2 Hopper/ 1 Joey install. CSR said I was all set but the confirmation email said 2H/2J.

I figured I could just decline one of the Js but here is my thought:

Can a Hopper and Joey both be connected to the same TV (plugged into two different HDMI ports)? The Joey then would be set up to communicate with the second Hopper on my second TV. In effect this would allow at least one way communication between two TVs with Hoppers. Once they get Hopper negation working I could cancel the second Joey.

Sure, and you can do it with one coax from the node to Hopper/Joey combo. Just put in a tap at the combo location.

emgoodman said:
Appologies if this has been asked and answered. Tried to read through all the posts but..

I called and set up what hoped would be a 2 Hopper/ 1 Joey install. CSR said I was all set but the confirmation email said 2H/2J.

I figured I could just decline one of the Js but here is my thought:

Can a Hopper and Joey both be connected to the same TV (plugged into two different HDMI ports)? The Joey then would be set up to communicate with the second Hopper on my second TV. In effect this would allow at least one way communication between two TVs with Hoppers. Once they get Hopper negation working I could cancel the second Joey.

That's actually a pretty good idea, except the $7 more a month thing. Also, you'd have an extra remote to keep track of.

rdinkel said:
Should work. (But an extra $7 a month.)

True, but it would hopefully only be temporary. Once they get Hopper-Hopper integration set up, I can cancel. Yes?

Thats what i am doing with my extra Joey i don't need. When the hopper update comes out I am sending back a joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts