2 Hopper Insall Problems ... Anyone been able to do it

beachfront71

Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Newport Beach, CA
Install day today, 2 hoppers and 4 joeys..

Hoppers up and running and updated as expected ..

Joeys would not link for whatever reason, we went through 7 of them at 4 different locations and every single one would not update the software... kept getting the 1303 message and could not get out of the cycle..

They guys were great and after 8 hours we decided to wait a few months and we re installed all the original 722's..

We tried every single reset, unplug power, unplug coax, plugin, press start, go to directly to jail.... etc etc, etc, listed on this site as well as from direct contacts with DISH .. none of the Joeys would work and get to the software upgrade state.

All lines were tested and shown to work.

Even isolated 1 Hopper to see if that would help .. Nothing ..

Some items to note:

1. If you have recessed outlets around your TV and want to hide the Joey behind it .. the Joeys plug will not fit .. you will need to change to a regular outlet ..

2. The menu and browse screen are much better and faster than the 722's

3. Again, if you have a clean setup on the wall with one outlet and another item such as Apple TC, Roku, etc, you are going to need an additional power source .. I did not think of that one ...

4. The Joeys sound smaller then they are when you take into consideration the HDMI cables, etc that you have to account for when hiding them .. my though was to velcro them to the back of the TV's but they are also cureved so that will still be a challenge..

I feel bad for the gents that were out here as there is only so much they can do and expect things will clear up as the firmware and software updates come out but basically had to take a day off of work for this. I think alot of these guys are being thrown to the lions because my impression is if the Joeys dont connect, there is not much in the menu you can do except reset them and try the same thing again.

Has anyone got a 2 hopper setup up and running? I have heard and read that this may be part of the problem.

I installed my own 2 Hopper and 2 Joey system and it was a piece of cake. Did they activate the Hopper before they hooked up the Joeys?

I'm having the exact same problem with my 2H/2J setup. Both H's work ok, both J's have 1303 errors. Installer spent 6.5 hrs today and is going to try tomorrow. The H's both have the same software and appear to be identical. One would not allow a recording to be set for several hours, got error 23, unable to access guide data, even though the guide appeared to be complete. It finally started working. As of now one H shows neat channel logos in the guide and the other one doesn't even though both guide settings are the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)