Hopper Caller ID Requirments, Problems or Issues

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Just so everyone is aware that each hopper will need a phone line for caller id to show on all the TVs in your home.

Fully tested myself.

I had to run an extra phone line to one of the hopper rooms since it is in a different room than i originally expected. Then reused those wireless phone adapters i bought when Dish used to require a phone line so that i could get the rest of the way.

I'm expecting that the eventual "seamless" integration software will make it so that only one hopper in a two hopper system will need a phone line, but for now both do.

Just so everyone is aware that each hopper will need a phone line for caller id to show on all the TVs in your home.

Fully tested myself.

I had to run an extra phone line to one of the hopper rooms since it is in a different room than i originally expected. Then reused those wireless phone adapters i bought when Dish used to require a phone line so that i could get the rest of the way.

I'm expecting that the eventual "seamless" integration software will make it so that only one hopper in a two hopper system will need a phone line, but for now both do.
My Joey shows caller ID with no phone line hooked up. Check to see if Caller ID is enabled in your settings. My Joey did not have it turned on by default.

Well the OP said each hopper. And since the 2 hoppers can't see each other yet, my guess is that you have to connect a phone line to each hopper until they get the integration rolled out.

Well, I am an installer, and our trainer said phone line was not supported on hopper/joey. I said "it has a phone line connection", he said "it is not enabled"...I guess that is why I have to come here to learn anything:confused:

Is caller ID suppose to work on the Joeys? It works on the Hopper fine but not Joeys, Joey shows no phone line in connections.
you might have manually enable it to show on the joeys.

i think the phone line thing is an error since the joeys don't actually have a phone line.

Can anyone verify for me that it actually works on the Joey's?

definitely works for me on a joey.

Did you double check on the actual hopper that it's actually showing and did you test the phone line on the hopper box itself?

Last edited:
Does caller ID really work? I have a two hopper two Joey setup and I can't get it to work anywhere. I have working POTS line plugged into both hoppers and caller Id is enabled on both hoppers. The test connection checks out find. I even hear it pick up the phone if I listed in while doing a test. It worked before the h/j install. Running s204. Tried the red reset button and still no joy.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks so far this is the only really problem I have and I guess I should feel lucky given some of the other problems I have been reading.

Also my telco is magicrap so this might be part of the problem but it work with my VIP stuff last week.

both hoppers have phone lines connected and all hoppers/joeys have it enabled in their settings? correct?

Okay it was off on one of the joeys but on everywhere now and still no joy and just to make sure I did Check and the phones are displaying caller id. For those that it is working are you getting both name and number?

Magicrap only give number so just wondering.

I do mean Magic Jack. I am having some other weird problems right now with MJ might have to take Vonage up on their come back offer.

Might wait a few weeks to try to barrow my parents Vonage modem for a day then if no joy might be time to call E*

I have Caller ID on my Hopper, from my Ooma Box. (and it seems to be better than the 722k on getting distinctive ring CID's).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts