Hopper Conflict question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SarKen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
MA
When I had my 612 and 622 I would set up timers for channels like SyFy, Discovery and USA that have a lot of replays during the week. After having my Hopper setup for a few months I have my fist conflict on 4/30 at 10pm. The show “Weird or What?” on SyFy is on the bottom of my priority list and is being skipped. But, on my 612 and 622 a show like this would record later that night during one of the replays. But, on my Hopper it is still skipping all the replays of the new episode because it is not a new episode. .

How do I setup a timer like on my old 612 and 622 setup to do this?

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:
"Replays". Mine does it, so can not advise. Is the original timer set for the FIRST new airing of the show?

Last edited:
"Replays". Mine does it, so can not advise.

Ya, Replays... Sorry.

I was just recalling that I had a few problems in the past with SyFy shows. So it might be something to do with the guide data like before.

I can say unequivocally that the Hopper handles conflicts the same as the ViP's. Investigate if there is some other reason it is skipping the subsequent showing. It may only be a quirk for this show (that has happened to me on the ViP's and Hopper, but pretty rare) or for that instance. If this behavior occurs more than rarely, then I would consider RMA'ing the Hopper and get another one as it should handle conflicts as previous DVR models.

For same day replays of new episodes, check the guide data to see if it still has the "New Episode" tag. I know for BBC & SyFy (both notorious for same-day new episode replays), the replay will still have the "New" tag & I still catch it in case there's ever a conflict. Of course, I'm a little OCD & go in every weekend to check for conflicts since the GF takes priority over anything I want to watch; even tho its my tv, my bill, & she mainly stays at her own place. Le Sigh...

For same day replays of new episodes, check the guide data to see if it still has the "New Episode" tag. I know for BBC & SyFy (both notorious for same-day new episode replays), the replay will still have the "New" tag & I still catch it in case there's ever a conflict. Of course, I'm a little OCD & go in every weekend to check for conflicts since the GF takes priority over anything I want to watch; even tho its my tv, my bill, & she mainly stays at her own place. Le Sigh...

I have only seen the "New" episode tag on the the fist run of a show. For example Psych on USA is new at 10pm and is shown again at midnight without the "New" tag.

I think my issue is with SyFy or the show itself. I added a few more timers today to test for conflicts on shows that replay later the same night and everything worked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts