Hopper Connectivity

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
Have a few questions regarding a 2 hopper setup, 1 hws & 1 regular hopper.

If the hws is connected wireless is there a way to provide connectivity to the 2nd hopper without any additional devices?

Also a question regarding caller id. In a 2 hopper/ 3 joey setup what would be required to provide caller id on all boxes? Would 1 line take care of it going to any box or would it need a line for every box?

Regarding the ota dongle, does each hopper have to have its own & if so will it provide ota to the corresponding joeys it's associated with? Where to buy & how much?

Thanks

As far as the internet connection, many people use the bridging option to provide connectivity to the entire system, although I believe that's a better option with a hardwired connection vs wifi. I use an HIC myself. I've never tried using the caller id so I can't offer much there. Joeys don't have a phone jack on them so it would be to the hoppers only.

As far as the ota, you would need one per hopper, and yes, they will provide ota to the connected joeys. I bought mine right from dish's website for 30 bucks. I have it connected to my HWS.

You would need an OTA dongle for each Hopper (if you want OTA on both). Once installed, you can order on-line from Dish, $30.00 per.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)